Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is there anybody who knows how the point system works ?
    i got asked 6 questions, take it everyone else was the same ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Derrygirl)
    is there anybody who knows how the point system works ?
    i got asked 6 questions, take it everyone else was the same ?
    Yes everyone gets asked 6 questions. Each question scored out of 10.... Need to score 40/60 to pass....those with highest scores are offered places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoh88)
    Yes everyone gets asked 6 questions. Each question scored out of 10.... Need to score 40/60 to pass....those with highest scores are offered places
    my friend scored 30 but was told she is on the waiting list ?!?

ReputationRep:
    my friend scored 30 but was told she is on the waiting list ?!?
    Yes sorry u need 30 to pass but over 40 to be offered a place first 👍🏻 very random system!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes sorry u need 30 to pass but over 40 to be offered a place first 👍🏻 very random system!!
    I suppose they have loads applying for multiple places so it makes sense to have a reserve list !

ReputationRep:
    Is this for the 2 year Anna?
    No the three year which I don't get cause my friend was told all together she wasn't successful in the 2 year and 3 year and I don't get why they couldn't tell me like that :/ I have an unsuccessful for the 2 year and nothing for the rest

ReputationRep:
    Im similar, my friend was told she was unsuccessful for both the two year and three year at the same time
    I was only told I was successful for three year and I have heard nothing from the two year.. don't get why they just don't tell you together
    It's so unfair! I can't believe they're with holding putting out offers congrats on getting the three year though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annad93)
    It's so unfair! I can't believe they're with holding putting out offers congrats on getting the three year though!
    thanks ! it's my second year applying the interview panel was so much nicer this time !
    fingers crossed we hear really soon !

ReputationRep:
    No the three year which I don't get cause my friend was told all together she wasn't successful in the 2 year and 3 year and I don't get why they couldn't tell me like that :/ I have an unsuccessful for the 2 year and nothing for the rest
    With more places being on offer for the 3 year, their list for places and reserve list is obviously going to be longer. So in theory you could be number 65 on the list for 2 year and be rejected, but be number 65 in the 3 year and get a place. That's what I think it may be anyway..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfearon149)
    With more places being on offer for the 3 year, their list for places and reserve list is obviously going to be longer. So in theory you could be number 65 on the list for 2 year and be rejected, but be number 65 in the 3 year and get a place. That's what I think it may be anyway..
    I got an unconditional for three year and no reply for two year. judging by what you said I think I'll expect a rejection from the two year ahaha ! :-)

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional for three year and no reply for two year. judging by what you said I think I'll expect a rejection from the two year ahaha ! :-)
    Definitely take what I said with a pinch of salt. It's just a potential explanation lol

ReputationRep:
    Anna your friend must have scored below 40 and that's why she didn't have option of reserve list maybe?

ReputationRep:
    i got a rejection from magee on tuesday and emailed them to ask for feedback and the girl emailed me back personally and was really nice and said they have 140 places at Ulster for sw (i'm assuming that includes belfast met and techs etc because magee have a very small class) and that the 140 places go to the top 140 canidates. she then went on to say that she wont be making any more offers till after June 7th (cut off date) because then they will know who rejected/accepted the offers and if that's the case and your on the reserve list you will get an email/call. she also said that there are (and i quote) 'roughly 110 applicants who passed the suitability interview, but at this point, like yourself, will have recieved an unsuccessful decision via UCAS'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racheltwells)
    i got a rejection from magee on tuesday and emailed them to ask for feedback and the girl emailed me back personally and was really nice and said they have 140 places at Ulster for sw (i'm assuming that includes belfast met and techs etc because magee have a very small class) and that the 140 places go to the top 140 canidates. she then went on to say that she wont be making any more offers till after June 7th (cut off date) because then they will know who rejected/accepted the offers and if that's the case and your on the reserve list you will get an email/call. she also said that there are (and i quote) 'roughly 110 applicants who passed the suitability interview, but at this point, like yourself, will have recieved an unsuccessful decision via UCAS'
    Thank u for all this info Rachel so can relax now til next third then lol

ReputationRep:
    Thank u for all this info Rachel so can relax now til next third then lol
    I wonder why I got my offer for three year and heard nothing for the two year. I hope it wasn't a mistake I got offered the three year

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why I got my offer for three year and heard nothing for the two year. I hope it wasn't a mistake I got offered the three year
    I'm the same I can't understand why they'd give me an unsuccessful for the 2 year and not an unsuccessful for the 3 year it's given me false hope haha

ReputationRep:
    you can't accept or reject any offers from UCAS until the university responds to all your applications so in theory they have to give out more offers or rejections as there is still people waiting to hear.
    has anyone else heard from one course and not the other ?

ReputationRep:
    I think there is less places for the two year that is why people could be successful for the 3yr and not the 2yr depending on what you scored in the interview.

How did everyone find out their score? I would be interested to know mine.

They probably have to - as someone already said - wait until June 7th to send out more offers. As I have an unconditional offer for UU 2yr Magee, UU 3yr Belfast Met and UU 3yr SWC. I am waiting to hear a decision from Queens, I have applied for the 2yr and 3yr there. (Hopefully I get offered the 2yr at Queens) So if I do I will potentially have unconditional offers for 5 different coursse. Once I make my decision it will free up 4 places. This will be the case for other people who have offers. I think then a lot of people on the waiting list will get places Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vic1985)
    I think there is less places for the two year that is why people could be successful for the 3yr and not the 2yr depending on what you scored in the interview.

How did everyone find out their score? I would be interested to know mine.

They probably have to - as someone already said - wait until June 7th to send out more offers. As I have an unconditional offer for UU 2yr Magee, UU 3yr Belfast Met and UU 3yr SWC. I am waiting to hear a decision from Queens, I have applying for the 2yr and 3yr there. (Hopefully I get offered the 2yr at Queens) So if I do I will potentially have unconditional offers for 5 different coursse. Once I make my decision it will free up 4 places. This will be the case for other people who have offers. I think then a lot of people on the waiting list will get places Hope this helps
    I was giving an unconditional for three year two days ago however have recieved no word on the two year. they're going to have to give more offers before the 7th June as currently people cannot accept a current offer until they have heard back from all choices.

ReputationRep:
    Hi just off the phone to queens the lady said 7th may is the deadline for decisions but we will probably hear a day or 2 before then x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.