Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmq02)
    haha I'm sure! Would you advise choosing the 3yr or 2 year if offered? I know the 2 year is pretty intense, but I am in my final year of a early years teaching degree now which is already pretty intense so I think it would be managable as long as you stay organised haha!
    Personally I'd go for it, yes, its intense but manageable from what I see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmq02)
    haha I'm sure! Would you advise choosing the 3yr or 2 year if offered? I know the 2 year is pretty intense, but I am in my final year of a early years teaching degree now which is already pretty intense so I think it would be managable as long as you stay organised haha!
    If u don't mind me asking what has changed ur mind from teaching to social work?

ReputationRep:
    Well my degree is an early years degree, so some of it is teaching, but also we do some social work modules etc, and I always was interested in both. I got onto queens waiting list 1st straight out of school but was worried about having to decline other offers and maybe not getting a place, so this was my second choice. I work in a special needs school atm, and have gotten to work in many different placements with children, and its been really good experience.
    It isn't a PGCE as of such so it combines modules so you can go into different careers with it

ReputationRep:
    Ahh okay so is it early childhood studies? That's my degree aswell.

ReputationRep:
    yes at stran ohhh where did you do that? are you in final year or have you completed your degree?

ReputationRep:
    Mine is finished I done mine a few yrs bk in Liverpool really enjoyed it but was interested in social work as well x

ReputationRep:
    haha same as me then! fingers crossed for us today!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think where going to hear until tomorrow for some reason, I think their making their decisions today.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so annoyed though don't think I'm getting in this year and spent so much time revising for it, instead of my a levels! But always next year I suppose

ReputationRep:
    if anyone is looking to hear from UU they are giving their next batch out at 4, and tomaRrow morning

ReputationRep:
    What makes u think it'll be tomorrow r that u arnt getting in? U never know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny coll)
    What makes u think it'll be tomorrow r that u arnt getting in? U never know
    Just guessing and I didn't get into Magee so probably not getting into queens either

ReputationRep:
    Literally spent the whole of the day checking my emails and logging into UCAS.... suspense of finding out is crazy lol

ReputationRep:
    Jenny u have 6 essays and law exam in first term, second term is three essays and one exam. This is the 3 yr route. Placements are allocated and you have no say where u go unless you have a disability. You have the opportunity to specify towns where u are willing to travel to but no guarantees, where your final placement is concerned you get to name three areas ud like to work, but again no guarantees you will get any of ur choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jeepers sounds intense but hopefully Worth It. Thanks! X

ReputationRep:
    Fintyo are you the 3 year route then, I thought you were grad route, im getting confused all these messages on this site haha!

ReputationRep:
    Looks like we'll not know until tomorrow guys

ReputationRep:
    also, did anyone end up really far from where they were living, that's what I am afraid of, like if we live in Belfast but get a placement in Fermanagh, dunno how I'll cope with that:/

ReputationRep:
    I rang magee about placements as I wanted to know that info before I accept their offer and they clarified that they try to get u a placement close to ur home and do their best to get u a placement with in the service group u prefer Also.

From what I hear from Queens they don't take too much of that into consideration so I really really wouldn no what to do if I get queens aswel. To hear me ud think I have options lol

ReputationRep:
    ucas got back to me but no email
    so check ucas !

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.