Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to hearing all about the course and that.

ReputationRep:
    i am yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vic1985)
    I looked up modules for UU RGR. There is no exams in first year at all and only one in second year. They have a module catalogue -
    https://webservices.ulster.ac.uk/modules/
    Queens have something similar but doesn't have as much info for assessment -
    http://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/ModuleInformation/
    So def would have picked UU as there seems there is less exams, but Queens is just closer for me which means I can work part time and don't have to stress about money
    Just had a look at those links Vic thankyou for sharing. I'm in same boat as you... would have preferred uu 2 year but too far to travel and get back in time to my kids, husband, job etc as queens is closer. So many balls to juggle and I'm older so prob less energetic now!!! Do you know where we would get a list of the core text books for year 1 of rgr?

ReputationRep:
    which one would you recommend the two year RGR or the three year at UU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waveydavey!)
    Just had a look at those links Vic thankyou for sharing. I'm in same boat as you... would have preferred uu 2 year but too far to travel and get back in time to my kids, husband, job etc as queens is closer. So many balls to juggle and I'm older so prob less energetic now!!! Do you know where we would get a list of the core text books for year 1 of rgr?
    Don't know where your could get a list of texts as this years required could be different to last years. But here is a link to last years student handbook-
    http://www.qub.ac.uk/home/TheUnivers...,458619,en.pdf

It says that waterstones carry required texts and you have to buy them. So check out their section. Could give you a rough idea. Waterstones will prob have a list from Queens and UU if you ask them

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get a text message this morning telling them the were successful at uu and the details of the information evening? Got one today, found it a bit strange haha!

I plan to have a look at the social work section at queens library, the books we were told to use for our interview are definitely on the reading list, and I can check for everyone the books with the most copies, as most likely they are in most demand for the course!

ReputationRep:
    I rang Queens as still no reply re waiting list.
    Admissions said they have my stuff etc email soon.

She said no other offers out to August. And they can't guarantee places etc

I asked if accepting an offer will affect place on waiting list. She said it doesn't affect it. I'd be safer accepting an offer I had and see what comes up on waiting list.

I accepted 3yr Belfast Met social work. Which frees up 3yr SWC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've accepted the three year degree but I'm very high up on the waiting list for the RGR, is my waiting list post affected because I accepted the three year

ReputationRep:
    Not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Derrygirl)
    I've accepted the three year degree but I'm very high up on the waiting list for the RGR, is my waiting list post affected because I accepted the three year
    im the same accepted 3yr and am on waiting list for 2 year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khutchinson06)
    im the same accepted 3yr and am on waiting list for 2 year
    is that UU or queens

ReputationRep:
    Do we register ourselves for NISCC or do the Uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    we have to register, but they explain the process at the open night i think

ReputationRep:
    is that UU or queens
    for queens

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on going to the information evening at Magee campus. Accepted 3yr at BMC. Every said it is brilliant! I'm already registered with niscc as a care assistant so I can be registered as both for now?

ReputationRep:
    Well done you! Bet you are so excited now hahah! My friend loved it, really you will definitely enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    who is doing the three year at UU

ReputationRep:
    When filling out student finance does the qualification lead to a healthcare profession?
    And is the course an undergrad or involving a work placement (sandwich course)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vic1985)
    When filling out student finance does the qualification lead to a healthcare profession?
    And is the course an undergrad or involving a work placement (sandwich course)?
    its undergrad and doesnt lead to healthcare as that is suited to doctors nurses pharmacists etc even though technically social work does

ReputationRep:
    who is doing the three year at UU
    I'm high on reserve list they sent me a letter this morning asking me to choose my prefered campus in case a place became available and I chose UU Magee so fingers crossed I'll be joining you in September

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.