Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did you put down the £4500 DHSS bursary in the income that isn't from employment section?

ReputationRep:
    no its separate we will get sent out forms for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annad93)
    I'm high on reserve list they sent me a letter this morning asking me to choose my prefered campus in case a place became available and I chose UU Magee so fingers crossed I'll be joining you in September
    really hope so anna you deserve it x

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to everyone who have received their offers and to those who have been unsuccessful this year, try again you will succeed!!

I used this forum last year to help me through the process and thought I'd pass on some advice/info. I am currently a first year student on the 3 year UGR route at QUB. You do get a bursary in this first year approx. £2000 in Nov/Dec and again in March/April. My first semester was a 4 day week and this semester is 3 days per week. One same piece of advice read as much as you can before starting on anti oppressive practice, reflective practice, tuning in, theories and social work definitions. I cannot stress this enough!! Go prepared and think about social work as knowledge, skills and values. The first twelve weeks are intense so do not waste the summer holidays!!! I have found the lecturers at Queens to be extremely helpful and supportive.

So good luck everyone, I should be writing a 2500 psychology assignment but thought I would post a few words of encouragement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnyjay)
    Congrats to everyone who have received their offers and to those who have been unsuccessful this year, try again you will succeed!!

I used this forum last year to help me through the process and thought I'd pass on some advice/info. I am currently a first year student on the 3 year UGR route at QUB. You do get a bursary in this first year approx. £2000 in Nov/Dec and again in March/April. My first semester was a 4 day week and this semester is 3 days per week. One same piece of advice read as much as you can before starting on anti oppressive practice, reflective practice, tuning in, theories and social work definitions. I cannot stress this enough!! Go prepared and think about social work as knowledge, skills and values. The first twelve weeks are intense so do not waste the summer holidays!!! I have found the lecturers at Queens to be extremely helpful and supportive.

So good luck everyone, I should be writing a 2500 psychology assignment but thought I would post a few words of encouragement
    This is great help!! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    How many are going to the Magee information night? Very unsure what to do because I live a couple hours drive away

ReputationRep:
    Sconlon what offer did you receive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmq02)
    Sconlon what offer did you receive?
    3 year BMC!

ReputationRep:
    you said you live a few hours away, where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmq02)
    you said you live a few hours away, where are you from?
    I live in lurgan. About 40mins from belfast. It's just because it starts at 6.30pm so will be late before I start travelling back home! :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Banbridge and heading up but if u want I can just let u know what all they say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny coll)
    I'm from Banbridge and heading up but if u want I can just let u know what all they say?
    I study in banbridge! Yes if I can't make it up that would be great appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    Yes we can post on this forum/private message people who aren't able to make it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnyjay)

Hi Sunnyjay, thanks for all the information, I hope to do the 2 yr RGR in QUB so presume it's similar, are there any particular books you would suggest would be useful to read over during the summer. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sconlon96)
    I study in banbridge! Yes if I can't make it up that would be great appreciate it!
    What u studying in Banbridge?

ReputationRep:
    What u studying in Banbridge?
    Study health and social care at src You studying at the minute?

ReputationRep:
    No not studying at the moment have been out of studying a while so kinda scared about it lol. Which health and social care r u doing?

ReputationRep:
    No not studying at the moment have been out of studying a while so kinda scared about it lol. Which health and social care r u doing?
    You'll be brill if you've got this far level3 btec extended diploma.
    So this is like my Alevels. Bit nervous to because majority of students will be older than me and have more experience! But so excited at the same time!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jenny you will be grand. I graduated along time ago but I've started reading up on sw books and it's amazing how quick you will get back on track. I will be 40 by the time I qualify and I feel really refreshed studying again. I've decided to accept my offer for 2 year at qub so I will be declining the 2 year uu, 3 year qub and bmc/uu. X

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 23, 2016

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.