Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Aw I hope so. well sconlon96 uve obviously done extremely well to get this far aswell. I think we all wan it so much so we'll work hard at it. What books r u reading already.?
    X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny coll)
    Aw I hope so. well sconlon96 uve obviously done extremely well to get this far aswell. I think we all wan it so much so we'll work hard at it. What books r u reading already.?
    X
    I'm reading social work practice by coulshed and orme 4th ed. It's great. Cause I've been able to reflect on my experiences working in social work teams it makes more sense to me lol. I also read pamela treverick book on sw knowledge skills and practice... again another good read in terms of theories etc. I read another book by Cree I think which was ok. But I'm going to get all the books for the first term and read them over before I start as I will have more Time over the summer!! I really want to get stuck into the law books also!!

ReputationRep:
    Have u the reading list or how do u know what to get? Id like to start reading them as well over the summer. As u say bcz we will have more time.

ReputationRep:
    Have u the reading list or how do u know what to get? Id like to start reading them as well over the summer. As u say bcz we will have more time.
    my friend is at qub and lent me her books for the interview but I am going to get a reading list maybe from qub bookshop or water stones. Prob find out more info on wed night hopefully. I know the 2 year will be pressurised so want to prepare!!

ReputationRep:
    Yea im the same. Im going to go to magee information evening on Wednesday so would u b able to tell me what all Queens say at theirs myb.?

ReputationRep:
    X
    Awk thank you! I've only really read the ones that where suggested for our interviews. Then my modules are extremely helpful too, but very unsure what books to read. What about you? Where are you planning on studying? 😊

ReputationRep:
    I havnt decided yet but probably the two year route in magee , so u r doing the courseequivalent to three a levels arnt u.? My little cousin is doing that also there

ReputationRep:
    Yea im the same. Im going to go to magee information evening on Wednesday so would u b able to tell me what all Queens say at theirs myb.?
    Yes I will pm you after x

ReputationRep:
    I havnt decided yet but probably the two year route in magee , so u r doing the courseequivalent to three a levels arnt u.? My little cousin is doing that also there
    Sounds good! Yes I am are they in first year or second?

ReputationRep:
    There in second yr.
    And thanks waveydavey. Appreciate it! i mainly jus want to know if there r many exams etc lol

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the BMC 3year at the millfield campus? Say in their 15-16 prospectus millfield but on ucas its whiterock campus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sconlon96)
    Isn't the BMC 3year at the millfield campus? Say in their 15-16 prospectus millfield but on ucas its whiterock campus
    Just confirmed with BMC that it is at millfield and we start on the 14th september even though ucas says the 21st. Also don't think I can make it too the evening at magee tomorrow, however I would really appreciate if someone could mail me with the info. Really want to know if we have to apply for Niscc reg before we start, and if there is anything we need for the first day of term to prepare for, like books etc!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

Been following this forum religiously from November but really glad to see the majority of you got your places. So glad the wait is finally over as I had myself driven mad since my interview in February!

I have firmed Queens 3 year and doing A Levels at the minute so dependent on results whether I definitely get in. Fingers (and toes ) crossed!

Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you on Wednesday night and finding out as much as I can to put my mind at ease some more and begin to focus on studies - travelling up from Portadown direction so not too far from other people on this!

All the best!
    Louise

ReputationRep:
    well done Louise for your offers! I accepted the 2year RGR and think someone posted that the three year pupils are together with us in classes for a semester
    Looking forward to Wednesday too, i want to find out everything!

ReputationRep:
    Hi could anyone that is going to queens information night tonight please let me know what all they say about the rgr 2yr. Sorta wan to know most of all opportunities for placements and timetable an even assessment process so like how many exams there are.
    I am going to go up to the magee info evening so i can let anyone know about here if need b xx

ReputationRep:
    Are many of you ok reserve list for queens? I got a letter in the post this morning saying I was!

ReputationRep:
    yeah jenny il let you know think they will be the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sconlon96)
    Are many of you ok reserve list for queens? I got a letter in the post this morning saying I was!
    yeah got that yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khutchinson06)
    yeah got that yesterday
    im surprised though as i already accepted 3yr so didnt think theyd put me on the waiting list for 2yr

ReputationRep:
    Lovely thank u

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 23, 2016

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.