Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I have that form signed ready to post. I'd say Queens will let us know the exact details for NISCC. The letter only states sign and return form.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to the mature students day or any of the open freshers day events?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What form is that??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hea0602)
    I can't get my head round all this NISCC stuff!
    I got my queens welcome pack, but it was just letters about registering for the uni and student cards etc, nothing actually course-specific to Social Work? Is that what everyone else got?
    Also, do we need to register with NISCC before queens send us out the info about it or what?
    yeah the welcome pack is about registering with the uni as you canr register with nscc as a student untill your registered with the uni but we were told at the info night we would get more info in that

ReputationRep:
    So we can't register with niscc until after the 14th of sept? Because we can't register with the uni til then?

ReputationRep:
    The NISCC guidelines form that was sent last week. I got it on Saturday in separate envelope to the welcome pack

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yeah we got forms at the info night i think we get an acess ni check as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khutchinson06)
    yeah we got forms at the info night i think we get an acess ni check as well
    Were the NISCC forms we got at the open night that booklet about placements etc that we had to sign and return a while ago?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hea0602)
    Were the NISCC forms we got at the open night that booklet about placements etc that we had to sign and return a while ago?
    i think so but we well get more info at welcome week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maj29)
    did you get somewhere to stay jenny for when u are in uni? yea no point killing yourself travelling. Yea kind of nervous starting but at least we can all help each other if we are struggling. Will u let me know if u get sorted with niscc when u doing it tomorrow? dont worry about the induction, thats the easiest part, least u arent missing any lectures, etc. i will fill u in when u back anyway.
    Hey sorry i haven't got bk to u. Yes got sum wr sorted. Did u get niscc registered ok?i haven had a chance to sort it. Going to realy look at it tonite . X

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea of the timetable for queens 3 year?

ReputationRep:
    No. Idea. I rang last week for reading list etc. they very blunt on phone. Said everything be given fresher week. Inductions etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I just rang queens again. 10-4 min -Friday except Wednesday's which is 10-1.

Although she said it can change

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if there will be spaces between those times. When I went to jordanstown there were classes at 9-11 then from 3-5 and nothing in between so lots of study/assignment time.

Hopefully that includes time we can wrk in library.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilyshea)
    I'm not sure if there will be spaces between those times. When I went to jordanstown there were classes at 9-11 then from 3-5 and nothing in between so lots of study/assignment time.

Hopefully that includes time we can wrk in library.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks so much for the information just trying to get childcare sorted-I'm sure you are the same!!!

ReputationRep:
    Also does anyone anyone have any clue if we will be in the whole week of induction or just 1 day?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the full week. Off and on. Better to assume the full week so we aren't stuck. Yes I got a childminder sorted. So glad. Just cannot wait to get stuck in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilyshea)
    I'd say the full week. Off and on. Better to assume the full week so we aren't stuck. Yes I got a childminder sorted. So glad. Just cannot wait to get stuck in.
    Yeah you are probably right and I don't want to miss anything!! Great I'm sure that's a weight off your mind!

ReputationRep:
    Yea. Add me on fb. Gillian Clyde

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is a reading list for social work at queens in the bookshop in queens students union and lots of those books are in the mcclay library with plenty of copies which will be handy for us. Heading in soon so il post up once I get the list if anyone wants any of the book titles

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.