Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just got a letter from Queens with instructions for registration with niscc and forms for the grant

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got any idea of the term times for the RGR in Queens? Just looking at planning something during the time off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Just got a few wee forms from Queens about registering with the NISCC and the DHSSPS scheme. Thought there would be a lot more info on how to register with the NISCC cause it's not as easy as I thought :/ Is anyone else struggling? Who are people getting for their endorsements?

ReputationRep:
    hi as we register as students i dont think we need them endorsed or countersigned but i struggled to the site kept crashing and wouldnt register the payment

ReputationRep:
    I was in the same boat! I had to do it quite a few times. Quick question ,were you asked for qualifications in your application? It sa we should have been but I wasn't. And it won't let me review it to see if I missed questions out! ha.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! We don't need Anything endorsed as we are students. Just need to pay the £20 for submitting an application. Every time you submit an application or renew your registration it will ask for another payment. Don't Think you need to send any qualifications of, all you need to do is register as a student at queens. Yea it won't let me review anything either once it has been submitted.. But rang niscc and they said my application was fine

ReputationRep:
    Sconolon96, thanks so much for your help! Did you just have to enter in your employment history then? I feel like I filled in the wrong form or something haha. And so you just attached your two documents with your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glo1989)
    Sconolon96, thanks so much for your help! Did you just have to enter in your employment history then? I feel like I filled in the wrong form or something haha. And so you just attached your two documents with your application?
    Yea i entered all my employment history. I already had a niscc account because I was a care assistant, so had the documents uploaded and endorsed. But yea I would say upload your id straight away, as you don't need to get the front of it signed as we are students

ReputationRep:
    Cheers m'dear! Im gonna get it sent off now cause I was literally so confused and just got to the point that I was hoping it would do itself ha. Are you going to queens in Sep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glo1989)
    Cheers m'dear! Im gonna get it sent off now cause I was literally so confused and just got to the point that I was hoping it would do itself ha. Are you going to queens in Sep?
    I know these past few weeks to come will be stressful haha. Yea get the bursary part sent off asap if you have your registration number yea doing the 3year at queens, yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Starting social work at swc today! Nervous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On the DHSSPS form it asks for the NISCC registration number, do we have to wait for the certificate before we can send that off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraacullen)
    Starting social work at swc today! Nervous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    good luck laura i cant wait to start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RangerDanger)
    On the DHSSPS form it asks for the NISCC registration number, do we have to wait for the certificate before we can send that off?
    No, should be ok to send it of with the registration number if you have it, as it can take up to 6weeks for your application to be processed and the dhssps needs send of asap

ReputationRep:
    Ok cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm starting the RGR at Queens and was wondering if anyone has managed to find out anything about the RGR timetable? I noticed someone had mentioned the 3 year route was 10-4 most days, just wondering if it's even possible for ours to be more intense than that:/

ReputationRep:
    I think last years rgr timetable is up online if u google it. In nearly sure iv seen it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey im starting the rgr at queens as well i think our timetable is simikar to the three year as we have some classes together. It will def be intende though

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I got accepted into the 2 year at Magee about a month back, I have applied for student finance but does the dhssps bursary cover tuition fees or is it for living costs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emermcc)
    Hi everyone, I got accepted into the 2 year at Magee about a month back, I have applied for student finance but does the dhssps bursary cover tuition fees or is it for living costs?
    hi emer i think student finance covers tuition and the butsary is for travelling to placements

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.