Turn on thread page Beta

Boy trouble ahhh! watch

Okay, so I started a new college recently. One of my new friends introduced me to this boy and we all had a conversation about our subjects, past schools etc. I found this guy really attractive so I added him on facebook. He started a conversation with me and we spoke for about two hours and I think it was flirty (I have no experience lol) as there was lots of winky faces and kisses. I feel attached to him despite only having one conversation. I've been told he's a player though and I think there might be something flirty between him and a girl in one of my classes. I genuinely don't know what to do. Considering how attached I feel after one conversation, I dread to think how much I would like him after speaking for quite a while. But I DON'T want to be played or even friend zoned. Should I just call it quits?

BUMP! (I'm impatient, sorry!)

ReputationRep:
    Quite right to call quits. Player & the potential chance that you might be friendzoned?
    Quits.

(Original post by inachigeek21)
    Quite right to call quits. Player & the potential chance that you might be frirndzoned?
    Quits.

Shall I just cut off contact (wouldn't be a big thing because we don't really know each other) or just be casual (a.k.a be friends, nothing more) ?

ReputationRep:
    Quit! Cuz it ain't worth it. Block him off fbook and just don't bother with him tbh.

(Original post by KittyRe-play)
    Quit! Cuz it ain't worth it. Block him off fbook and just don't bother with him tbh.

Really? Even though I kinda fancy him a lot know. Ahh.

*now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Really? Even though I kinda fancy him a lot know. Ahh.
    If you want to be played then go ahead no one is stopping you. But remember that he is not worth it you will be heartbroken,might as well find someone better! :h:

If you want to be played then go ahead no one is stopping you. But remember that he is not worth it you will be heartbroken,might as well find someone better! :h:

That is true! It's just the person who told me he's a player has only known him for a few weeks, but I guess most people can sense when somebodies a player :confused::confused: If he speaks to me I'll be casual but I'm not starting any conversations or putting effort in. Does that sound like a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    That is true! It's just the person who told me he's a player has only known him for a few weeks, but I guess most people can sense when somebodies a player :confused::confused: If he speaks to me I'll be casual but I'm not starting any conversations or putting effort in. Does that sound like a good idea?
    Yeah that's a good idea. But don't fall in his trap lol. If his convo is flirtatious then make up something on the spot like you have to go to the bathroom? Sorry bad example but you get what I mean right haha? Good luck!

Yeah that's a good idea. But don't fall in his trap lol. If his convo is flirtatious then make up something on the spot like you have to go to the bathroom? Sorry bad example but you get what I mean right haha? Good luck!
    I'm going to find it hard not to, shall we say, flirt back. But I suppose it's for my own good. What about if it's in person? That's less likely, but you know, say if he brought up something we were speaking about.

I keep checking my facebook inbox. It was so much better when I didn't talk to boys lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to find it hard not to, shall we say, flirt back. But I suppose it's for my own good. What about if it's in person? That's less likely, but you know, say if he brought up something we were speaking about.
    Oh my example was when you were in person lol. You could also say you have a call and you have to take it. Or say I gotta go my friends are calling me. Or, I have to give this change to someone. Something like that maybe? Don't flirt back! There are two extreme ways to get a guy to hate you:
    1. Be overly flirtatious and literally stick to him which will annoy him so bad lol
    2. Completely ignore him and always have an angry attitude when he's around to give him the sense that his presence pisses you off.
    We are going for the second one unless you disagree?

Oh my example was when you were in person lol. You could also say you have a call and you have to take it. Or say I gotta go my friends are calling me. Or, I have to give this change to someone. Something like that maybe? Don't flirt back! There are two extreme ways to get a guy to hate you:
    1. Be overly flirtatious and literally stick to him which will annoy him so bad lol
    2. Completely ignore him and always have an angry attitude when he's around to give him the sense that his presence pisses you off.
    We are going for the second one unless you disagree?

But inside I still desperately want him to like me

ReputationRep:
    But inside I still desperately want him to like me
    Trust me I know its hard but he ain't right for you. #UserAlert#
    Don't be blinded by his slink love!

Trust me I know its hard but he ain't right for you. #UserAlert#
    Don't be blinded by his slink love!
    Thank you. He messaged me asking about work. I answered it, nothing more. Be proud

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. He messaged me asking about work. I answered it, nothing more. Be proud
    You're welcome anytime. If you have any further problems don't be afraid to give me a shout (PM me). Just give short specific answers which are to the point and do not extend the convo. I'm proud Good luck! x

You're welcome anytime. If you have any further problems don't be afraid to give me a shout (PM me). Just give short specific answers which are to the point and do not extend the convo. I'm proud Good luck! x

Bloody hell!!! I'm flirting!!! You know what, please link me to this thread when I come on here crying that I've been played! Please!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell!!! I'm flirting!!! You know what, please link me to this thread when I come on here crying that I've been played! Please!!!!
    Kk I can understand.

ReputationRep:
    Just for reference, not all 'flirty' guys are players. I'm not, anyway. Chivalry isn't dead, he may just want you to feel happy with yourself.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.