Turn on thread page Beta

Sociology remark moved up by 10 UMS?!?!?! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am completely astounded that my AQA Sociology paper has been moved up by 10 UMS! This is terrible and makes me question whether any other papers have been marked badly this year. Has this happened to anyone else with their remark results?

ReputationRep:
    I still havent got my chemistry remark did you have to pick yours up or did you get it by post?

ReputationRep:
    WOW! that's great! Congrats
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Study Helper
    (Original post by 08vihe)
    Hi,

I am completely astounded that my AQA Sociology paper has been moved up by 10 UMS! This is terrible and makes me question whether any other papers have been marked badly this year. Has this happened to anyone else with their remark results?
    Of what I have seen they have gone up a few marks. However those who lost marks or stayed the same won't be as dominant in saying it... so I guess.. Some will go up and some will go down. Some will be at the top of the scale and some will be at the bottom.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a lot of my AS Biology class last year got an extra 3 UMS added as one question was marked incorrectly. I unfortunately was not one of them but it was still quite alarming as that could mean the difference between a uni place and no place this year if that happens again!

ReputationRep:
    I did hear one story of a remark going up from an E to an A because the examiner missed out a page.

Congrats on your remark result!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loperdoper)
    I did hear one story of a remark going up from an E to an A because the examiner missed out a page.

Congrats on your remark result!
    Thank you very much. It means a lot when it goes up by a grade, especially as it opens up so many more doors having AAB instead of ABB when applying. I can't believe they can be so poor at marking that could downgrade someone by so much! It makes me so angry for all of the other people that were marked by this person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STUDYREVISE)
    WOW! that's great! Congrats
    Thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PacifistxFuture)
    I still havent got my chemistry remark did you have to pick yours up or did you get it by post?
    Your teacher should have them if you went via your school. I think they emailed the results back to her as she forwarded me the email. If you didn't go via a school or college maybe give the exam body a ring.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much!
    Hey, no problem. :^_^:
    But, seriously, you've done great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STUDYREVISE)
    Hey, no problem. :^_^:
    But, seriously, you've done great!
    I wasn't even sure whether to get it remarked, so glad I did! Hope your results were as you'd hoped too.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe they can be so poor at marking that could downgrade someone by so much!
    there's so much in the country that needs to be improved. accurate marking of papers are just one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maura Kat)
    there's so much in the country that needs to be improved. accurate marking of papers are just one of them.
    so very true

ReputationRep:
    In RS someone's has just gone up 9 raw marks which was 23!!! UMS marks, he'd uncharacteristically got an E the first time

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.