Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I was going to pick Math, History, Business and Media for my A-levels, however I couldn't find any sixth from that provide these A-levels in my local. I finally found one sixth form which have these A-levels, but I did't get in when I applied there. During result day I tried again and got it, but they told me History was full and I had to find another a-level to do. I thought some people are going to drop it anyway and didn't bother looking elsewhere... I joined and try to change it but is still full... So now I am really scare, I heard that some good uni only want people that are doing two or more 'hard' a-levels, but the subjects I am doing now, Math, Bsuiness, Media and Computing, 3 of them are 'sfot' a-levels... So here are some question I want to ask...

1. Can i do history a-level next years after my AS?

2. Do Chinese A-level count as a 'hard' a-level? (BTW i am Chinese)

P.S. I am not going to change sixth form, as this sixth form is the best out of all the other sixth form in my local.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mshends123)
    So I was going to pick Math, History, Business and Media for my A-levels, however I couldn't find any sixth from that provide these A-levels in my local. I finally found one sixth form which have these A-levels, but I did't get in when I applied there. During result day I tried again and got it, but they told me History was full and I had to find another a-level to do. I thought some people are going to drop it anyway and didn't bother looking elsewhere... I joined and try to change it but is still full... So now I am really scare, I heard that some good uni only want people that are doing two or more 'hard' a-levels, but the subjects I am doing now, Math, Bsuiness, Media and Computing, 3 of them are 'sfot' a-levels... So here are some question I want to ask...

1. Can i do history a-level next years after my AS?

2. Do Chinese A-level count as a 'hard' a-level? (BTW i am Chinese)

P.S. I am not going to change sixth form, as this sixth form is the best out of all the other sixth form in my local.
    Firstly, Maths is not a 'soft' a level, and depending on what you would like to do at uni, then those courses could be good. Doing History A level and AS level in one year would be difficult, especially with your other subjects, and so I personally would advise against it.

Not sure how hard Chinese A level is, but applying for places it would look good if you had a language, however, if it is clear you are Chinese then they may question a little about that...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.