Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I would really love to hear from anyone that has applied or is in the process of applying for the masters course in Creative Writing, particularly for Oxford University. Whilst they say that they don't require applicants to be published, they mention that they still require evidence of sustained commitment to creative writing and reading.

I was just wondering whether anyone had any idea what Oxford University would constitute as sufficient evidence of this kind. I'm stuck as to how they want applicants to prove that they are capable of being eligible for the course.

Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    I can't speak for Oxford specifically but I think I can give an example. A friend of mine did a creative writing MA at another uni, with a complely unrelated (engineering) undergrad (and with work experience also in engineering). Although she also hadn't been published at that stage, she had by then been part of a creative writing group for a couple of years, so she could talk about that, present examples of writing she had done in the context of the group, etc.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.