Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone got any tips for an Ultimate Team novice? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a huge fan of the Career Mode, I spend a lot of time on it and have never really properly tried playing UT since the connection is always unreliable despite my Internet working perfectly for other games. Does anyone have any beginners tips for building a good team and being successful in the market etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Build smartly first. Have you used the web app? Often a cheap solid team can be bought to start you off in the formation you like and when you start winning games and moving up the divisions, your coins will start to shoot up, especially if you use the coin boosts from the ea catalogue. Then, what I would reccomend is that instead of wasting 7500 coins on a pack, purchase and improve your squad player by player. This is a good way to improve both your starting 11 and your bench, and you can then rotate the players, which saves you having to buy fitness cards, whilst ensuring your players have enough stamina to last the whole game (particularly important for players who rely on pace lol) soon enough, depending on how much you play, you will have a great team without having to spend a penny, and whilst it will be a lot harder and you may never get the best players in the game unless you buy packs, you can make a very competitive team just by playing games and improving your squad little by little.

Also, don't quit games even of your losing by a load of goals- your dnf will go down and you will receive less and less coins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Build smartly first. Have you used the web app? Often a cheap solid team can be bought to start you off in the formation you like and when you start winning games and moving up the divisions, your coins will start to shoot up, especially if you use the coin boosts from the ea catalogue. Then, what I would reccomend is that instead of wasting 7500 coins on a pack, purchase and improve your squad player by player. This is a good way to improve both your starting 11 and your bench, and you can then rotate the players, which saves you having to buy fitness cards, whilst ensuring your players have enough stamina to last the whole game (particularly important for players who rely on pace lol) soon enough, depending on how much you play, you will have a great team without having to spend a penny, and whilst it will be a lot harder and you may never get the best players in the game unless you buy packs, you can make a very competitive team just by playing games and improving your squad little by little.

Also, don't quit games even of your losing by a load of goals- your dnf will go down and you will receive less and less coins
    Not used the app yet, waiting to find out more about UT, can you tell me how all these different cards and contracts work and kits and stadium cards etc.

So I should never buy packs? Only buy individual players? Any tips on how not to get ripped off since I don't know the value of players.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you played the demo? That has tutorials. A quick reddit google search will bring up a beginners thread which is stickied. Tbh it's hard to explain and it is much a learning curve in putting together players which gel.

1. To get the best "chemistry" you match cards together which come from the same league and nationality- most people only do one of these for example a premier league squad where the nationalities are different but all the players are from the same league. This means that the chemistry will still be 100 however the links between the players will be orange and not green, which is nothing to worry about especially at this stage. Essentially, chemistry determines how the players link up together and their understanding, however it's importance is definitely not that relevant when starting and you will see many starter teams which have less than 70 chemistry until people start buying players from the same league etc.

2. Contract cards and fitness cards are bought when players need to have their contract renewed. Typically they last 13 games if you get the rare gold ones. However there are ways to get by without purchasing fitness cards by rotating your players every few games. You can usually pick them up for 150-200 coins I.e the cheapest price

3. By all means, purchase packs occasionally if you wish, it
    Can be damn fun and if you get the ultimate team edition you will recover 40 packs over a period of 40 weeks in addition to your original starter packs. Personally I never usually buy packs using real money, only with coins and at that very occasionally. However when I go to pick up the game I might buy 7.50 worth of points just for the novelty of starting a new fifa and with the chance of pulling an in form card

3. In regards to not getting ripped off with players, you can make use of both the web app and the actual marketplace on your console to monitor the prices other players are
    Selling theirs for- you can then find the "going rate", if you will, and marketplace card for around that price if you wish to sell it. Selling and trading on ultimate team is much like a real market, the laws of supply
    And demand apply and that's why it is good to monitor the market and ensure you sell players at the right time and the right price, and keep players who have exceptional attributes until you have gathered enoough pricing information to be able to sell them- especially silver cards with well rounded stats or exceptionally high pace for example aghbonlahor

ReputationRep:
    Some general tips:

- The first stat you look at is pace.
    - Chemistry styles which boost a pace stat are generally more valuable.
    - Serie A has overpowered defensive players.
    - If building a La Liga team, be prepared to spend a lot of coins or don't bother.
    - If building a Bundesliga team, buy Gustavo.
    - If building a Premier League team, buy Ramires and Benteke.
    - 4-1-2-1-2 is generally the easiest formation to use, hence why it is the most common.
    - Consider players work rates. For example, if playing 3-5-2 it's better that your wing players don't have low defensive work rates for obvious reasons.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.