Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My student finance status just says "approved" what does this mean? I was due the money on the 15th of Sep.
    I have no idea how this works? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Have you enrolled at uni yet? Your SF money will only be released once you have enrolled or registered on campus and then the uni confirms to SF that you have done so. The date you were given by SF was the earliest date on which they would release your money, not the date on which you would actually be paid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Have you enrolled at uni yet? Your SF money will only be released once you have enrolled or registered on campus and then the uni confirms to SF that you have done so. The date you were given by SF was the earliest date on which they would release your money, not the date on which you would actually be paid.
    Yes I registered on the 8thishh of September and then picked up my student card on the 15th and the status still hasn't changed to "submitted"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren1x12)
    Yes I registered on the 8thishh of September and then picked up my student card on the 15th and the status still hasn't changed to "submitted"
    In that case, try phoning SF and asking whether the uni has confirmed your attendance yet. If other people on your course have had their money, there may have been a wrinkle in the process.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. Phone up the SLC to get to the bottom of the matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren1x12)
    My student finance status just says "approved" what does this mean? I was due the money on the 15th of Sep.
    I have no idea how this works? :confused:
    I am only getting a reduced loan from the student loan company as my course is NHS funded - I started uni today and my payment status has been changed to "submitted" which means payment due in next 3-4 days. Don't know if grants/other loans work the same way. I would call to check if you are unsure.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.