Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm very sociable but don't do parties is uni gonna be a disappoint for me? watch

ReputationRep:
    I can't dance, I don't drink alcohol and can't flirt to save my life aha SO I will never be found at a party because I don't have the confidence to go, and fear about something bad and doing something I regret.

I am wondering by me not going to parties at uni will stop me from having a nice time, when I say am sociable am the sort who would knock on everyone doors to get to know them and will have a cracking conversation. but I am worried if people pick friends by parities.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why people don't go to parties because they don't drink, you don't have to drink, you can still enjoy yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Just grow some cojones and go to the parties

/thread

ReputationRep:
    You could go to to parties and not drink or if you don't want to do that join societies where you can meet people with similar interests to you

ReputationRep:
    most of my mates from uni so far are from clubbing/partying contacts, e.g. out with flatmates in flat party, mates with one of them, out with them and there mates, mates with them etc

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.