Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm already applying to Cardiff, QUB and Barts
    Stats:
    7A*s 5As GCSE
    Predicted 42 points IB
    (UKCAT 640)
    Tariff 700

Work experience, 2 years at a creche, week in a hospital, a year in a nursing home, days with geneticists, very active within school

I like the courses and cities and everything equal

which would it be safer to apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd say liverpool is safer because it uses academic results more than bristol. With bristol it is 80% personal statement and to be honest they are looking for a certain type of person. Plus bristol gets more applicants and takes less people for interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    liverpool = panel
    brizzle = mmi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staks)
    I'd say liverpool is safer because it uses academic results more than bristol. With bristol it is 80% personal statement and to be honest they are looking for a certain type of person. Plus bristol gets more applicants and takes less people for interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea, I suppose so thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I think Bristol would be a lot safer with your Stats! You have amazing volunteering experiences which Bristol will absolutely love. The city is beautiful-you will have an amazing student experience and the medical course itself is very highly regarded. Go for it-you'd do very well!

ReputationRep:
    I've chosen bristol in the end!
    Everyone I've spoke to is applying to liverpool this year and it just seems more competitive ...but obviously that doesn't represent the general cohort
    Bristol want lots of w/e and they LOVE participation in school stuff which you have so I'd say go for bristol!
    But it is pretty much 50/50 so if you're that stuck go for whichever one you like more

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 23, 2014

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.