Turn on thread page Beta

Opinions ??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have enough money and time for lessons ,but my mum thinks that I should start learning after my first year at University in the summer .I'll be 20 by then.Since I was 17 she has said that" next year you can learn how to drive but you cant get a car."
    I just want to learn not necessarily buy a car.I can't afford a car anyway.
    I'm 19 now and think having driving lessons is a good skill as it may be harder when you get older.
    Should I just go with my instinct by waiting a few months then take lessons or should I wait till summer when I'm 20.
    There are a lot of 16-18 who have already passed and have a car.

Im going to see how the first months of Uni go and then make a decision .

ReputationRep:
    If you have the time to do it, make sure you complete it before you start your final year - or before any applications for internships, if that's your intention. There are lots of companies who ask for or require a license based on their location so it does offer more opportunities. Getting a car after is handy, because you're still learning and gaining experience then, but once you've passed the test then it will be there ready for when you actually need it.

I think you'll have more time to do it in first year. Summer is not a bad option, but if you fail it, you may need to wait to sit the test again etc. and if you're not in the same city that you've learned in then it can throw you out a bit.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 22, 2014
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.