The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Ok a way of finding out the answer would be to ask, Is euthenasia legal in the UK?
Everdawn
Ok a way of finding out the answer would be to ask, Is euthenasia legal in the UK?

No

Suicide is
Assisted suicide isn't
Reply 82
Thats quite strange isnt it?!
Reply 83
piginapoke
I get annoyed when I hear about people threatening to commit suicide and wasting a lot of police time when they try to talk them down from a bridge or something. FFS, let them get on with it and do some proper police work!

Unless they actually jump and splatter themselves all oer the pavement, its not a pretty site.
Reply 84
I saw my mate a matter of hours before he commited suicide and i there was nothing that i could do as i was at work at the time!
I felt really bad because we helped each other with problems and this time i couldnt do it.
The worse thing was that i found out through the local newspaper as his famiy didnt know my number!!!!
Reply 85
piginapoke
I get annoyed when I hear about people threatening to commit suicide and wasting a lot of police time when they try to talk them down from a bridge or something. FFS, let them get on with it and do some proper police work!

thats a bit heartless. if thats the only way they can show how bad they feel and how much they need help - then thats not wasting time. saving someones life is a pretty valuable use of time if you ask me.
think of it this way -
if the person hanging of the bridge had severe learning disabilities and they didnt understand how dangerous it was... theres no way youd be suggesting that itd be a waste of police time to get them down safely...
but because they are mentally disturbed you think theyre a waste of time to be saving?
people dont dare accuse any other kind of disabled person that its their fault and that theyre wasting peoples time.
Reply 86
I think if a person is thinking about suicide then they should instead look at all the good they could do if they just up and left all thier obligations and commited to helping people. If you don't want to live your life then you might as well help other people. Trust me it will make you feel good and you will be back on track in no time.
Reply 87
piginapoke

you think you're funny?
piginapoke

If they are the sort of person who can be talked down, they aren't the sort of person who is really going to do it, so should be saved from it if they can be.
fifi53 and Zapsta are the best.
Reply 90
Courageous
Its easyer to live than to commit suicide for most people. Its surpriseing hard to take your own life.
Reply 91
lame
fifi53 and Zapsta are the best.

It's aliiiiiiiiiiiiive!

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriors/Necromancer.088.php
This is a really difficult subject to talk about, especially when you have no experience of it. I have felt pretty low and depressed sometimes, but hasn't everyone? I've never been anywhere near depressed enough to consider taking my own life, so I can't even begin to imagine how awful people must feel and what they must be going through to want to do that. Reading this thread is really upsetting :frown: However, I do think that people who commit suicide are cowardly and selfish. No matter how low I felt, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to put my family through the pain of killing myself. I can't say how much it would devestate me if one of my parents or my brother died, and if they took their own life, it would be even harder to understand and come to terms with. I'd probably feel angry at them for being selfish enough to do that, and with all the help available nowadays, there really is no excuse for it. Yes, it takes courage to end your own life and I wouldn't be able to do it (not that I'd want to) but it takes a lot more courage to face your problems head on and work through them, and I'd have a lot more respect for someone who managed to do that. Suicide is weak and taking the easy way out.
Reply 93
suicidal
What do you think of suicide? it's illegal right? so if one was to attempt suicide, but did not actually do it successfully,could they be prisoned?

if someone you knew unexpectedly committed suicide how would u feel? what about someone u hated? or someone that had a "**** life"

its not illigal its illigal to help someone commit suicide

most people dont commite suicide unexpectedly theres usually stuff that builds up so if a friend commited suicide "unexpectedly" i would feel bad for not noticing something was wrong

I would wish anyone dead mainly because I'd hate someone to want me dead

i no lots of people with **** lives who have tried to commit suicde but i dont think they should theres always another way

so im pretty anti suicide but i wouldnt hate someone if they tried it becuase im not living their life
Reply 94
It is cowardly.
It takes a lot more to continue living and to see through whatever the bad patch is about. Sure to kill yourself takes a lot, but it is a way out of a problem which aviods it.
The only situations where it could possibly be seen otherwise is with terminal illness.
Reply 95
another perspective... would you kill yourself to save others? is suicide in that case courageous or cowardly?
Reply 96
As a general rule it is a selfish and cowardly act.

Latest

Trending

Trending