Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey all. The past couple of years I've really been trying to 'find myself' and figure out what I want to do, career, future wise etc. which has led me to make a few decisions I've later regretted when it comes to my education.

It started when I got shafted at my high school and decided to drop out of sixth year for a Computing course at a local college. I kind of knew I hated Computing by this point...but it was one of the few things I was good at, and I thought I'd like college better. Didn't happen. Course was a disaster, and I bailed out before receiving an award so that I could get funding for another HNC course.

Skip forward to now, and I'm now at the same college studying Social Sciences. I got myself all hyped up, convincing myself this is what I wanted to do, and set myself on it.

Now I'm here...I still don't feel right about it. All I really want to do is go, get a job and go from there. University doesn't interest me. This course isn't going to get me any further than I could now.

Anyway, what I need to know is about funding. I'm currently receiving a bursery and student tuition from SAAS.

If I were to drop out, what would I have to pay back? Would I have to stay until the 'cut-off date' (some time around December) to avoid the tuition fees? Would I have to pay back the bursery?
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.