The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I moved to England from Latvia (small Baltic state, kinda near Poland) a few years ago. Both are strange places. Latvia is about 90% trees, and England is about 90% pavement. The culture shock wasn't that much, actually. Riga (capital of Latvia - where I lived) is much like London, full of yuppies and trendy shops. I go back there occasionally, it's a nice place.
Reply 2
COOL
Can u tell any1 else u no 2 reply plz
Reply 3
bradders
Ah Latvia, one of the many countries, which only comes into true, fully-functional existence for one night only “The Eurovision Song Contest.”

Hey! I'll have you know that Latvia is the Number 4 exporter of timber in all of Eastern Europe!
Reply 4
allanabanana
hi i'm gunna move to another country.
ithx.
:smile: :cool: :biggrin: :tongue: :wink:

Which country?
Reply 5
new zeland
Reply 6
allanabanana
new zeland

Ooh, a commonwealth state! Nice.
Reply 7
I have moved as well. It happened 6 years ago though from LV to UK. I made new friends pretty quickly. The language was the only problem since I didn't speak English then. Apart from that I enjoyed that change.
Reply 8
allanabanana
new zeland

lucky you I've always wanted to go there
Reply 9
Hiya kid. I'm moving to London for a year. Saying goodbye to my family and friends and living overseas. I'm excited but just a little scared. I'm actually from Florida in the United Sates, and it's always bright and sunny there. I hear that it's always grey in London :frown: But I'm hoping to see many other places in Europe like Paris, Rome, Dublin...maybe Venice *sigh*

Make sure you visit all of the sites used for the LOTR in New Zealand for me!
Reply 10
Mr White - I like you :smile:

Gorgeous Mikhail Baryshnikov is from Riga, Latvia! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Well well well, im taking a gap and being a nanny for a year over in England, horray, you poor things will have another mad aussie on your hands :biggrin:
Everdawn
Well well well, im taking a gap and being a nanny for a year over in England, horray, you poor things will have another mad aussie on your hands :biggrin:

$20 says you will be working in or around London :tongue:
Reply 13
Joey_Johns
$20 says you will be working in or around London :tongue:

And thats where ill want to be isnt it?

(Ill take the bet!)
Everdawn
And thats where ill want to be isnt it?

(Ill take the bet!)

Well seen as though that is where all the shops are...
Reply 15
Joey_Johns
Well seen as though that is where all the shops are...

- IM THERE!
Reply 16
I moved looooooooooads of times. Im just 15 and I have moved 9 times :rolleyes: . I was born in Saudi Arabia ... (I am an Indian though :tongue: ) Ummm I first moved when I was ... 5. I have had strange expreiences. Once we moved so that I could be closer to this Englsih school ... the next year - THE SCHOOL MOVED AWAY!!! Sheeeeesh. Anyway, I moved once from Saudi Arabia to England ... that was little hard movignn sooooooooooo far away! :frown:
Reply 17
allanabanana
new zeland

A friend of mine has moved to Nez Zeland. Bit of a problem with her boyfriend (who she started going out with just before she emigrated) - she's actually just gone back after comign back to England for 6 months. The only scary thing I've heard of is a "black circle" gang? Although I couldn't tell you much more than that!

p.s. You might get a funny accent. Much mirth ensues when she tries to say "d*ckhead"
Reply 18
blissy
A friend of mine has moved to Nez Zeland. Bit of a problem with her boyfriend (who she started going out with just before she emigrated) - she's actually just gone back after comign back to England for 6 months. The only scary thing I've heard of is a "black circle" gang? Although I couldn't tell you much more than that!

p.s. You might get a funny accent. Much mirth ensues when she tries to say "d*ckhead"

Its so hard to imitate! I can only hold it for a little while before im back to my own!
Reply 19
Everdawn
Its so hard to imitate! I can only hold it for a little while before im back to my own!

Apparently "we're going to the beach" is the hardest to imitate! I never got the hang of it. ANd "oh no" - I kept saying it like I had heard it on Neighbours (yes, yes I know Australia and New Zealand are different...)

Latest