The Student Room Group

should i apply for imperial???

Hi i don't know if i should apply to imperial or not, I don't know whether i should use my choice on imperial or on a different university.

I want to apply for aeronautical engineering and have recieved 7 1's and a 2 for my standard grades and recieved 4A's and a b in my higher. My a's were in physics maths chemistry and computing, and my b was in french.
I'm currently doing my advanced highers physics, chemistry and maths and also an additional higher business management

So can someone tell if it is worth me applying for imperial, thanks
Reply 1
Someone reply to this please
Original post by drakopro
Hi i don't know if i should apply to imperial or not, I don't know whether i should use my choice on imperial or on a different university.

I want to apply for aeronautical engineering and have recieved 7 1's and a 2 for my standard grades and recieved 4A's and a b in my higher. My a's were in physics maths chemistry and computing, and my b was in french.
I'm currently doing my advanced highers physics, chemistry and maths and also an additional higher business management

So can someone tell if it is worth me applying for imperial, thanks

Well the general rule for applying is that you appky to one uni thts out of ur league but u try ur luck anyway 3 unis that fit ur grades and one thats ur insurance so lower than what ur expected to get. Dont know.how to interpret ib results so dont know how well you did but y dnt u check imperial website m sure it would say whether u fit the criteria. Also if u just missed out on the grades apply anyway if u have a great ps they might overlook it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Its not a difficult decision to make. I'm not sure why people worry about this, I've seen many similar threads. If your predicted grades are close to the requirements, then apply. The further they are from the requirements, the bigger the risk is. It will always be a risk if you don't meet the requirements. It may also be a risk if you don't meet the requirements with ease as competition for places is high.

As a result of these two facts, it comes to a fairly simple and logical decision to make, if your taking a risk with your firm, make sure you'll definitely get into your insurance with ease.

I don't know what answers you or others have been looking for. We don't know the requirements for your course. We don't know how competitive your course is. We don't know how flexible the department will be.
Reply 4
Original post by djpailo
Its not a difficult decision to make. I'm not sure why people worry about this, I've seen many similar threads. If your predicted grades are close to the requirements, then apply. The further they are from the requirements, the bigger the risk is. It will always be a risk if you don't meet the requirements. It may also be a risk if you don't meet the requirements with ease as competition for places is high.

As a result of these two facts, it comes to a fairly simple and logical decision to make, if your taking a risk with your firm, make sure you'll definitely get into your insurance with ease.

I don't know what answers you or others have been looking for. We don't know the requirements for your course. We don't know how competitive your course is. We don't know how flexible the department will be.

Sorry didn't explain properly I was asking because I don't know how english grades translate to Scottish grades . The entry requirements are a*a*a at a level and I was wondering do my grades equate to that
Your current grades do not as Imperial considers Advanced Highers as equivalent to A-levels

Quick Reply

Latest