Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi. I'm hoping you'll share any thoughts you have about what I'm experiencing. I'm guessing it's quite common but I'm not sure

I've put it in mental health because it seems to be the most appropriate forum.

For the past couple of weeks, it seems as if everything annoys me and I've lost all my tolerance/I don't have time for people. Even little things such as the following drive me crazy and I don't know what to do. Eg:

- Someone taking a while to explain something/them not being able to remember what they were saying.

- If someone's really tired and they keep yawning.

- Someone moving around too much/making noise

I know that it isn't their fault but that doesn't help?

I can feel when I'm being unpleasant to people because of this but I can't stop.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi. I'm hoping you'll share any thoughts you have about what I'm experiencing. I'm guessing it's quite common but I'm not sure

I've put it in mental health because it seems to be the most appropriate forum.

For the past couple of weeks, it seems as if everything annoys me and I've lost all my tolerance/I don't have time for people. Even little things such as the following drive me crazy and I don't know what to do. Eg:

- Someone taking a while to explain something/them not being able to remember what they were saying.

- If someone's really tired and they keep yawning.

- Someone moving around too much/making noise

I know that it isn't their fault but that doesn't help?

I can feel when I'm being unpleasant to people because of this but I can't stop.

Thoughts?

Hey (:

I know what you mean actually, I went through a phase like that not too long ago, where I was just getting impatient and annoyed all the time. And it made me feel bad that I was feeling like that, especially because it's not really what people know me for. It can take time and effort to get over this, but I decided that I couldn't stand myself being like that.
    It hurt me to know I was being terrible, even to the closest of my friends and family.. So it just sparked. I didn't want to continue with myself being like that, so I pushed myself to my limit really. Every time I sense something starting to well up inside of me, I would take a deep breath and shake it off. It took time and effort, but I couldn't stand myself, so it was worth it.
    I'm not saying you should change or anything, some people can be like this and worse yet, not like to admit it. The fact that you at least typed it out, meant it was bothering you and you want to do something about it (:

If you're looking for someone to at least hear you out more, feel free to drop a PM

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 22, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.