Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For AS Further maths I am currently doing these modules at a consortium school on MEI: FP1, D1, S2

Next year, however, my school will most likely be teaching A2 Further Maths on Edexcel, meaning I will probably be doing these modules for A2: FP2, S3, S4

I was wondering whether this means that I would have to achieve an average of 90 across FP2, S3 and S4 in order to achieve an A* in FM? Or would it be possible to use S2 as one of my A2 modules if I did well on it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weaving)
    For AS Further maths I am currently doing these modules at a consortium school on MEI: FP1, D1, S2

Next year, however, my school will most likely be teaching A2 Further Maths on Edexcel, meaning I will probably be doing these modules for AS: FP2, S3, S4

I was wondering whether this means that I would have to achieve an average of 90 across FP2, S3 and S4 in order to achieve an A* in FM? Or would it be possible to use S2 as one of my A2 modules if I did well on it?
    I have never come across anyone who has done what you plan to do. Has your exams officer confirmed with Edexcel that transfer of credit will be allowed? If it is allowed then edexcel can confirm the A*'criteria. I recommend you talk to your exams officer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Next year, however, my school will most likely be teaching A2 Further Maths on Edexcel, meaning I will probably be doing these modules for AS: FP2, S3, S4

I know on Edexcel you can get A* by getting 270 in 3 A2 modules, so you would be able to include S2. I assume this is the same for MEI, but to make sure you should speak to your exams officer and/or the examboard themselves.

ReputationRep:

I was on MEI and as how I understood it that for the A* you could use any 3 A2 modules to get the average of 90 - In the end I don't think it would've made a difference for me, so can't confirm - but fairly sure that's how I took it to work. I think they'd specify if you needed 90 average over the 3 most difficult/higher numbered modules - when they just ask for A2 ones

As the poster above me says - might be best to contact them/check.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.