Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Question about an out of place tooth? Please help? watch

Ok so i have always had a slightly crooked smile, a few gaps but nothing major, my smile is relatively straight. Braces were never ever mentioned by my dentist as a child/ teenager.
    I was applying bonjella to a small mouth ulcer in my mouth today and happened to notice a hard lump on my gum.
    I looked in the mirror and noticed that it was one of my upper canine teeth, and it is almost completely pushed out through my gum! I don't know how long it has been like that, and now im freaking out incase it pushes right through my gum ( it is on the verge of doing so).
    Does anyone know anything that can be done about this?? Or why this has happened?? :eek:

I worked in a dentist for about six months and i'd say don't worry!!! I do recommend that you go to your dentist about it to rule out any serious problem that the lump might be that's pushing on your tooth but it might just be that you do need braces now, some adults do. If it is painful then ask for an emergency appointment, i know that sounds kinda dramatic but it would mean that you don't have to wait month to be seen to and you get the problem sorted more or less straight away.

Good Luck and hop this helped.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2014
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.