Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I recently landed an apprenticeship and don't start for a little while yet but I have a few concerns. My apprenticeship is in a hobby of mine working on cars. I am excited to start but I am worrying that if I do happen to hate it or hate it after 6 months or so will I have to pay fees for any training they have given me should I wish to leave? The last thing I want is for me to be stuck with it if I hate it because I can't afford the fees if there are any. The scheme is 3 years, so god forbid I don't like it I wouldn't want to have to pay loads of money to cover the tuition if I want to leave. You may ask why I'd hate a job with my hobby, but as others have said on other forums and such, they have gotten sick of doing it every day to the point they don't enjoy it on their own cars. Granted I may be different to them, but for just peace of mind I wanted to know if anyone has, or knows if you have to pay if I were to leave?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PZS)
    Hi guys, I recently landed an apprenticeship and don't start for a little while yet but I have a few concerns. My apprenticeship is in a hobby of mine working on cars. I am excited to start but I am worrying that if I do happen to hate it or hate it after 6 months or so will I have to pay fees for any training they have given me should I wish to leave? The last thing I want is for me to be stuck with it if I hate it because I can't afford the fees if there are any. The scheme is 3 years, so god forbid I don't like it I wouldn't want to have to pay loads of money to cover the tuition if I want to leave. You may ask why I'd hate a job with my hobby, but as others have said on other forums and such, they have gotten sick of doing it every day to the point they don't enjoy it on their own cars. Granted I may be different to them, but for just peace of mind I wanted to know if anyone has, or knows if you have to pay if I were to leave?

Thanks
    READ your contract if its not there then you shouldn't worry if you want to leave. All you have to do is write a resignation letter that you're leaving and hand it in. They cant really do anything if you're not enjoying what you're doing. in fact your company get paid for having you there so don't worry.

GoodLuck

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.