Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)
    Who exactly are the FSA lol? Some of them will most definitely ally with the Islamic state and others won't. Possibility is a huge understatement. They've been fighting a regime for years and now the West have come (with claims to fight IS) and have attacked them.

What exactly do you term a victory for the West? Does giving Assad Syria back count as a victory?
    Victory for me is Syria under the control of the FSA (the relatively moderate heads anyway) with the Kurds gaining more territory in the east (western friendly).

Assad is a tyrant who killed well over 100,000 even before the Islamists infested the FSA.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to say, America are killing off rebels who are fighting Bashar.

At this rate, Bashar will gain back Syria.

If you know of Ahrah al Sham, you'd know they fight exclusively against the regime yet they've been targeted by the west. Jabhat Al Nusra have also been attacked.

America claimed to strike Syria because of IS yet they're attacking several other groups which is a shame because Bashar will now sweep in and reclaim Syria.
    If isis really cared about fighting bashar they would focus their offensives on the government forces instead of on the syrian kurds

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to say, America are killing off rebels who are fighting Bashar.

At this rate, Bashar will gain back Syria.

If you know of Ahrah al Sham, you'd know they fight exclusively against the regime yet they've been targeted by the west. Jabhat Al Nusra have also been attacked.

America claimed to strike Syria because of IS yet they're attacking several other groups which is a shame because Bashar will now sweep in and reclaim Syria.
    Whoa - seriously? I thought America was with the rebels. omg

What the **** is going on. Bashar cannot rule again! It will be 10x worse than before, he's already crossed the line of murdering hundreds thousands of civilian. How are they allowing a mass murderer to rule?

I'm shocked if this is true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    If isis really cared about fighting bashar they would focus their offensives on the government forces instead of on the syrian kurds
    Yeah... division 17, Tabka airport, victories in Hasaka etc...

Are you Kurdish btw?

(Original post by Byakko)
    Whoa - seriously? I thought America was with the rebels. omg

What the **** is going on. Bashar cannot rule again! It will be 10x worse than before, he's already crossed the line of murdering hundreds thousands of civilian. How are they allowing a mass murderer to rule?

I'm shocked if this is true

Bro, the US have been saying Bashar has crossed the red line for how long now and nothing has been done.

They've claimed to be in Syria to fight ISIS but they're now attacking groups (other than ISIS) who are Pro - Islam.

ISIS aren't even in Idlib yet it's been attacked. ISIS aren't even in Homs yet that's being attacked.

The outcome will be that these rebel groups will be unable to hold the areas and Bashar will come in and reclaim it.

ReputationRep:

Are you Kurdish btw?

Bro, the US have been saying Bashar has crossed the red line for how long now and nothing has been done.

They've claimed to be in Syria to fight ISIS but they're now attacking groups (other than ISIS) who are Pro - Islam.

ISIS aren't even in Idlib yet it's been attacked. ISIS aren't even in Homs yet that's being attacked.

The outcome will be that these rebel groups will be unable to hold the areas and Bashar will come in and reclaim it.

I'm from Hama - not kurdish - pure Syrian.

My whole family thought America was going to save Syria like it did to Libya. I'm so confused. We don't really follow the news and most my family is safe - apart from few cousins in FSA that no one knows if they're safe or not. They haven't contacted in a while. Were so used to death though and we stopped grieving and feeling depressed after 2 years :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Byakko)
    I'm from Hama - not kurdish - pure Syrian.

My whole family thought America was going to save Syria like it did to Libya. I'm so confused. We don't really follow the news and most my family is safe - apart from few cousins in FSA that no one knows if they're safe or not. They haven't contacted in a while. Were so used to death though and we stopped grieving and feeling depressed after 2 years :/
    Akhi, read this...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/12cd016e-4...c0.html#slide0

'Those fighting President Bashar al-Assad now fear any Islamist group could be a target. Many of them, while not secular or moderate, claim they do not aim to mount attacks outside Syria.'

Akhi, those people who are fighting the regime in Hama are considered to be 'terrorist' 'extremists' by the West. This includes groups like Jabhat al Nusra and even the Islamic Front.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Good. Those who oppose the west must be eradicated.
    I hope that that was a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous263)
    I hope that that was a joke.
    You sympathise with ISIS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    You sympathise with ISIS?
    Oh come on! Don't be absurd. Of course I don't sympathize with Isis but "everyone who opposes the west must be destroyed" is a rather terrible and foolish statement

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on! Don't be absurd. Of course I don't sympathize with Isis but "everyone who opposes the west must be destroyed" is a rather terrible and foolish statement
    I should have rather said, anybody who harms the west.

ReputationRep:
    I thought he was mocking the jihadists.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Are you Kurdish btw?

I wasn't claiming they didn't fight the government I was saying they should focus on defeating assad instead of attacking kurds and other rebels. Also the fact that they behead their prisoners means they are just as bad as assads regime if not worse

ReputationRep:
    Interesting article.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikegiglio/u...l-nusra#vtf5rc

ReputationRep:
    good al nusra are extremists and terrorists just like isis

ReputationRep:
    ISIS - Israeli Secret Intelligence Service

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    good al nusra are extremists and terrorists just like isis
    Tell that to the Syrian people. Believe it or not, they love Nusra.

(Original post by joe01223)
    With all due respect, you're an idiot.

ReputationRep:

They are not attacking ISIS. The west and Israel and the Arab puppet nations want to remove the democratically elected Syrian President Bashar Al Assad from power and assassinate him. ISIS is just a distraction just like they have used Al Qaeda in the past (remember them? do they still exist? lol)

Syria will be then controlled by the so called "moderate" rebels, who have just been funded 500 million dollars by the American Government. They will hold a so called election.... Some western puppet government wins the election and the new Government will be approved by Arab nations and the western nations (oh and they all agree on sharing the huge reserves of Gas and Oil in Syria).

But it doesn't stop there! Guess which country is next.....

To be continued folks!

ReputationRep:

With all due respect, you're an idiot.
    With all due respect, I don't give a toss.

ReputationRep:

your proof?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.