Turn on thread page Beta

if you're not a feminist.. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veracity80)
    She's saying that men should stop calling feminists "man-haters", she doesn't say feminists should stop being men hating, sexually frustrated, bitter people.

I have no respect for Emma Watson. Feminism is a poison and she is a hypocrite.
    Feminism is not man hating, or removing rights from men. It is about giving and campaigning for equal rights for both men AND women.

I consider myself a feminist, and yet I am none of the things that you just listed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    i invite and implore you to watch and read about emma watson's speech at the UN conference for promoting feminism (the HeForShe campaign) and perhaps reconsider.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...an-hating.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.emmayouarenext.com/
    Let's see a proper feminist in a few days, shall we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhymeAsylumForever)
    http://www.emmayouarenext.com/
    Let's see a proper feminist in a few days, shall we?
    If anything, acts like this does nothing but help to promote why feminism is necessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paralove)
    Feminism is not man hating, or removing rights from men. It is about giving and campaigning for equal rights for both men AND women.

I consider myself a feminist, and yet I am none of the things that you just listed.
    Feminism on paper is about equality. But in reality it is about destroying man and creating a virtueless world which acts as a breeding ground for Islam. Feminists and extremists go hand in hand.

ReputationRep:
    Feminism on paper is about equality. But in reality it is about destroying man and creating a virtueless world which acts as a breeding ground for Islam. Feminists and extremists go hand in hand.
    Okay, now you're just making things up. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Women can't see beyond themselves and the consequences their actions have.
    Equality in the western world does exist. Women not only have equal opportunities, but probably even have more opportunities.
    Equal outcome is different. Men are more likely to work full time, less likely to miss days off, and in general harder workers.
    If women were paid less by 30%, why don't businesses employ more women to save costs? Because it simply isn't true. There is no wage gap, that is a myth since guys are more likely to go into jobs which require more physical and mental work.
    Any body hear about the case where some feminists running a business only employed women, and soon after, it went to **** when all the women became bitter with eachother and couldn't work together.
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    If anything, acts like this does nothing but help to promote why feminism is necessary.
    Feminism will never work, females are not equal with males (biologically).

ReputationRep:
    Feminism is a farce. All you hear feminists talk about is how oppressed they are. They never talk about the perks of being women. Eg. Basically selling sex for whatever you want. Getting away with crimes. Getting away with falsely accusing rape. Getting more choice in dating. Getting more support from other people (financially, emotionally)
    They want to focus on the negatives. Why? They want to reinforce the idea that they are the inferior race. Equality will never exist if feminism is around, because all it consists of is deluded, ugly, bitter, sexually frustrated, man hating women playing victim all the time to cry for attention.

This victim thing really rustles my jimmies. Women love to take the opportunity to be inferior. They talk about how they hate being portrayed or treated as inferior, yet they are the ones who are doing it themselves. There are women on this forum, I guarantee, who have been in "abusive relationships". Instead of leaving the relationship and being a self responsible person, they will sit there taking other people's **** just so they can play victim. They are equally as guilty since most feminists will consciously choose to put themselves in situations where they can be abused and treated as inferiors, all because they have no self respect and try to shift their problems onto other people. It's never their fault is it. Feminists take no responsibility for their actions. Which is why they will never be equal to men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhymeAsylumForever)
    Feminism will never work, females are not equal with males (biologically).
    Obviously childbearing is one thing that gives that sort of inequality, as well as physique. But the equality which feminism promotes is that of equal rights - rights to education, job opportunities, support in law etc. If a women wants to go into a career such as construction, or the sciences, she should be encouraged, not told that it is really for men. Equally, men should not be discouraged from things like the arts (in education terms) as it is "too feminine". Everyone should have the opportunity to do what they like, not what society and its(less so in the west but certainly elsewhere) predetermined gender roles dictate what they ought to do.

ReputationRep:
    Feminism is a farce. All you hear feminists talk about is how oppressed they are. They never talk about the perks of being women. Eg. Basically selling sex for whatever you want. Getting away with crimes. Getting away with falsely accusing rape. Getting more choice in dating. Getting more support from other people (financially, emotionally)
    They want to focus on the negatives. Why? They want to reinforce the idea that they are the inferior race. Equality will never exist if feminism is around, because all it consists of is deluded, ugly, bitter, sexually frustrated, man hating women playing victim all the time to cry for attention.
    Judging by your other posts on this site, you're just trolling. From this point forward, consider yourself ignored.

ReputationRep:
    Judging by your other posts on this site, you're just trolling. From this point forward, consider yourself ignored.
    Is that what you feminists do? Just ignore th facts? If Emma Watson was a true feminist, she would encourage women to stop man hating, instead of blaming the men. If she was a real feminist, she would encourage women to take self responsibility. To stop playing victim. To start acting like equals. To have intellectual power and stop blaming other people for their short comings.

ReputationRep:
    'HeForShe'. That pretty much says it all. Feminists only ever involve men when the context is how men can help women.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously childbearing is one thing that gives that sort of inequality, as well as physique. But the equality which feminism promotes is that of equal rights - rights to education, job opportunities, support in law etc. If a women wants to go into a career such as construction, or the sciences, she should be encouraged, not told that it is really for men. Equally, men should not be discouraged from things like the arts (in education terms) as it is "too feminine". Everyone should have the opportunity to do what they like, not what society and its(less so in the west but certainly elsewhere) predetermined gender roles dictate what they ought to do.
    He is probably talking about men and women being different in more than sex organs and strength, something feminists don't seem to get their head around. The nordic nations and other euro countries are the most gender equal places in the world yet have much unequal outcomes than far more oppressive/traditional countries when it comes to women's choices (doing science, working full time, gender gap, boards or directors or ceo's...). Girls in these countries are bombarded from day 1 with feminist propaganda yet they still make the girliest choices. If even Sweden, the gold standards of feminism and ''gender equality'', can't create a perfect genderless utopia (not just that but it does a terrible job compared to countries that are considered terrible for women) then what chance does the rest of the world stand?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2878277

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2880217

ReputationRep:
    Is that what you feminists do? Just ignore th facts? If Emma Watson was a true feminist, she would encourage women to stop man hating, instead of blaming the men. If she was a real feminist, she would encourage women to take self responsibility. To stop playing victim. To start acting like equals. To have intellectual power and stop blaming other people for their short comings.
    Well I think we agree here. I want women to take responsibility and go out to work, become educated , offer themselves for hard jobs like medicine, law , vet science etc.

In fact I think judging for the recent stats, this is exactly what women are increasingly doing. This is a good thing - we agree.

But, it's taken a long hard fight to stop the restrictions on women being admitted to medical schools on the same terms as men, to stop women losing their jobs of they marry (banking, teaching) getting sacked if they get pregnant. getting the same rate of pa for the same jobs - not so long ago women teachers were on a separate pay scale giving them two thirds of men's pay for the same job : the same story in many factories.

It wasn't the women who begged to be sacked, who didn't want to work as doctors etc. It was the owners, managers of these enterprises who insisted.

Has it been in the interests of men for these changes to have come in? Of course. It has enable men to be considered for jobs which traditionally only women could do - nursing, child care, secretarial work etc. It has increased the standard of living for everyone , enabling women to work after marriage .

It has allowed men to take a much bigger role in looking after their children. Is this good thing? Of course. Men have, in the main, loved it. Modern men often have a closer, warmer relationship with their children than their fathers had.

Has it been ion the interests of men for women to have control over their rate of child bearing? Of course. The days of my grand mother having 11 children and dying at 56 , worn out, are fortunately gone. Gone too are the days when my grandfather had to work long into the night just to put food on the table.

We could go back to the Good Old Days, before feminism, but I doubt many people , men or women would want to.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god some of the responses on here make me want to punch the wall. You are so stubborn that whatever is brought to you, you totally ignore it and just come out with the same old bile "man-hating"/ "women aren't oppressed"/ "why is it called feminism". There is no way to get through to you unless you open your minds the tiniest bit, and it won't hurt you, and it won't hurt men​ to do so.

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    x
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    im waiting for a different kind of vid of emma watson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    repped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)

Me too, huge fan here. I will always cherish the day I managed to get her autograph.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    well, over 70,000 sensible men have already signed the campaign petition at heforshe.org, and i encourage you guys to as well, but the TSR community does make a very small minority of people on the internet so it's not a huge deal if you guys don't agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.