Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

He took my virginty and wants nothing to do with me watch

ReputationRep:
    As a woman you have the ability to get sex at the drop of a hat. In exchange for that privilege you are completely responsible for judging potential suitors and the sole party responsible for any bad judgement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Jebedee)
    As a woman you have the ability to get sex at the drop of a hat. In exchange for that privilege you are completely responsible for judging potential suitors and the sole party responsible for any bad judgement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True but when i invited him round mine he dropped the bombshell i am just so confused atm .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Better off without him. You dodged a bullet
    No, she got the bullet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEatMuFFiNS)
    No, she got the bullet
    I was waiting for that. Thanks for providing

ReputationRep:
    he sounds mean

ReputationRep:
    did you actually enjoy the sex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl63)
    I waited 8 months before giving my virginity to him, and I know it changed me. My previous bf wondered why I was so reserved in so many other situations, and yet didn't really care about how I acted and what I thought about sex. It was just a contradiction. Even when my friends now say they are seeing someone, but want to wait a while before sleeping together, my first thought is "Why are you waiting? What are you expecting to happen in that time?" . I don't know how my mentality changed so drastically, literally overnight, but like I said , someone can dump you on date 1, just as easily as date 100 - so I feel like I have used this logicality and applied it, pretty much everywhere, so now, I just don't understand why someone would wait. Since that night, sex has never been special, it has never been an act of love or emotion, because from day one, it never was. I think of it as expression and you can be in love while having sex, but the actual act itself, I don't consider to be love. You don't need love to have sex, you don't even need to give a damn about that person to have sex (which I learned), so what's the point?

Oh god I feel to cry just typing this.
    I agree with many of your thoughts and understand how you came to such a conclusion but even as a guy who can separate love and the physical act of sex, I don't think you can separate it too much because the way a guy has sex with you and treats you in bed is a way of showing love and affection. If a guy really has no care or respect for you in bed he could treat you as rough as he wants and that's just not right.

Of course respect and love are two different things and even affection itself may not be truly a sign of love but it's better then just thinking it is nothing but a physical act which of course sex can be but with someone you are attracted to I am not sure why it should be.

Perhaps emotionally though it's a way to protect yourself which I can understand but you are sort of damaging yourself in terms of your ability to trust and love someone yourself. In the end you are sort of letting the hurt that one person inflicted on you continue to affect your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mancini)
    As much as I empathise with you I don't totally feel sorry for you because women in their own ways treat guys like crap. I am not sure what the problem is though it does not sound from what I have read that you two were in some serious relationship and in the end you felt comfortable with him and decided to end your virginity with him.

Obviously you invested more energy into the relationship emotionally then him and maybe believed it would last, still I do not actually think that this sounded like a serious relationship as I mentioned before it sounds like you gave it away to him because you felt he was the an alright guy.
    How is that relevant to the thread? If you have had issues with women that have affected your ability to sympathise with one in an unfortunate situation, you might prefer to not post this kind of crap on a thread where she's asking for support. I cannot believe you are taking out your personal problems on a complete stranger.

ReputationRep:
    He used you it would seem. As for the seeing someone else he could of been seeing two girls at once but I doubt it he just used you to his advantage it would seem but forget him hun and move on I would say.

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen that Korean film 'Old Boy'? Yeah.. just a suggestion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    How is that relevant to the thread? If you have had issues with women that have affected your ability to sympathise with one in an unfortunate situation, you might prefer to not post this kind of crap on a thread where she's asking for support. I cannot believe you are taking out your personal problems on a complete stranger.
    It's relevant because threads like this which pop up a lot on TSR have a way of turning into man bashing threads were people like to portray the female in the situation as some sort of helpless victim and the male as a manipulator which is not the case.

This woman chose to give up her virginity to this guy notice the word chose, just because it did not end well does not mean he was a bad guy. Also remember we only have her point of view so I think my post is very relevant and if you think it's crap or any other post on the thread is crap follow the correct procedures and report the post if you are offended.

Though the fact that you are offended does not really bother me because it's nothing but a measure of your emotional sensitivity. I am not here to give politically correct advise to cater to your levels of sensitivity. There is not only one right way of helping people through problems and I believe my way seems to work.

It's funny you say I do not sympathise with her when I clearly mentioned I do empathise with her situation, however, just because I empathise with her does not mean I will write advise to her which makes her think she has no responsibility or agency within this situation because it's not the case.

So yes my post is relevant and the truth is you just read what I wrote and took out of it what you wanted, so you definitely misunderstood my post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mancini)
    It's relevant because threads like this which pop up a lot on TSR have a way of turning into man bashing threads were people like to portray the female in the situation as some sort of helpless victim and the male as a manipulator which is not the case.

This woman chose to give up her virginity to this guy notice the word chose, just because it did not end well does not mean he was a bad guy. Also remember we only have her point of view so I think my post is very relevant and if you think it's crap or any other post on the thread is crap follow the correct procedures and report the post if you are offended.

Though the fact that you are offended does not really bother me because it's nothing but a measure of your emotional sensitivity. I am not here to give politically correct advise to cater to your levels of sensitivity. There is not only one right way of helping people through problems and I believe my way seems to work.

It's funny you say I do not sympathise with her when I clearly mentioned I do empathise with her situation, however, just because I empathise with her does not mean I will write advise to her which makes her think she has no responsibility or agency within this situation because it's not the case.

So yes my post is relevant and the truth is you just read what I wrote and took out of it what you wanted, so you definitely misunderstood my post.
    You have issues. And nowhere did I say I was 'offended' or that you weren't being 'politically correct'. You are quite clearly way too wrapped up in certain forsaken corners of the internet. I hope they give you comfort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    You have issues. And nowhere did I say I was 'offended' or that you weren't being 'politically correct'. You are quite clearly way too wrapped up in certain forsaken corners of the internet. I hope they give you comfort.
    You don't have to tell me you are offended or that you are politically correct the fact you complained to me about my post is enough for me to know. It's funny you make a complaint to me about writing crap when the only one writing crap and making big judgements on others on here is you, so take a good look at yourself.

He used you. Sorry, OP. :console:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.