Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my second year of A levels (A2) and want to study law at university in 2015.
    My five university choices are as follows:
    Exeter
    Sussex
    Surrey
    Kent
    Winchester.

I got BCE in my AS levels and have every intention of retaking the C and E in hope to gain an A and C instead.
    My predicted grades are BBD.
    Does anyone think it will at all be possible for me to secure an offer at any of those universities I posted? I know that, if I am lucky, I could secure an offer from Winchester as the entry criteria for Law is 280 points (which I have been told is BBC at A2).
    But do I have any chance with the other universities? Kent and Sussex especially.
    I am told that my personal statement is very good, but the only concern my teachers have are down to my grades.

Thank you for reading and anything you have to say/suggest will be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't expect applying to four AAA/AAB universities to go particularly well. Are you even remotely confident you can achieve that? if a resit is only going to bring that E up to a C. You need to be able to meet the offer, if they are willing to give you one.

The best sort of thing to do is ask them directly. You may well be wasting four choices otherwise. Do you have any good work experience that would help your application? It's not like you're a grade out on one subject, you're at minimum four grades out (possibly five) so I can't see them having any sort of confidence to give you an offer. They won't tell you whether or not they would accept you, but they ought to say whether they will even consider you.

If things go well you may want to use adjustment on results day. The current situation doesn't look too promising to me though.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.