Turn on thread page Beta

How many recipes can you make with baked beans? watch

ReputationRep:
    My favourite baked bean recipe at uni was baked beans with hot dog chunks!

What's yours???
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    In our house we have two popular recipes based around baked beans- barbecue beer beans and gooey breakfast beans. Gooey beans originated as simply throwing half a tin of beans in the frying pan after the sausages/bacon for a sandwich/fry up and reducing them down until the sauce is thick and sticky, although I also cook a no-added-fat version throwing in a dash of paprika, Tabasco, tomato puree and brown sauce for extra flavour- way more interesting than just warmed up in a saucepan! Beer beans are a bonfire night tradition, big pots of beans cooked down with flavourings like onion and garlic, bacon lardons, sugar and, most importantly, Guinness the recipe's been lost over the last few years so taking it upon myself to experiment with ratios and new flavourings in the run up to next month :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1...weather-hotpot

I've made this several times and added parsnips. With a few slices of fresh tiger bread it's really quite awesome.

(Original post by Gofre)
    In our house we have two popular recipes based around baked beans- barbecue beer beans and gooey breakfast beans. Gooey beans originated as simply throwing half a tin of beans in the frying pan after the sausages/bacon for a sandwich/fry up and reducing them down until the sauce is thick and sticky, although I also cook a no-added-fat version throwing in a dash of paprika, Tabasco, tomato puree and brown sauce for extra flavour- way more interesting than just warmed up in a saucepan! Beer beans are a bonfire night tradition, big pots of beans cooked down with flavourings like onion and garlic, bacon lardons, sugar and, most importantly, Guinness the recipe's been lost over the last few years so taking it upon myself to experiment with ratios and new flavourings in the run up to next month :teeth:

Oh wow, both of those sound delicious :drool:

ReputationRep:
    The best
    thing
    I ever
    had.

Cries. So amazing. Not even Muslim. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Oh wow, both of those sound delicious :drool:
    Gooey beans are a fry up revelation for everybody I've shown them to :yep: as an extension to that, once you've incorporated all the fat and meaty bits into the beans' sauce throwing a slice of bread in to soak up some sauce while the beans reduce around it to create beany bread is also delicious :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Gooey beans are a fry up revelation for everybody I've shown them to :yep: as an extension to that, once you've incorporated all the fat and meaty bits into the beans' sauce throwing a slice of bread in to soak up some sauce while the beans reduce around it to create beany bread is also delicious :coma:
    Damn that sounds incredible!

Thanks for the tip dude, I'll definitely be giving that a go.

ReputationRep:
    Baked bean lasagne!! Sounds weird? It was my parents' way of getting my brother and I to eat vegetable lasagne (we're a veggie family) by gradually slipping more and more veg mixed in - but was actually really nice! Haven't had it in years but it was gooood

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.