Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Northern Ireland and planning on going to England to study next year. If I register in England as a student, what council tax would I pay? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by converselove)
    I'm from Northern Ireland and planning on going to England to study next year. If I register in England as a student, what council tax would I pay? Thanks
    Students are exempt from council tax, no need to register.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yabbayabba)
    Students are exempt from council tax, no need to register.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. I was wanting to register so I could vote

ReputationRep:
    Registering to vote and registering for council tax are seperate things. Some student accom is automatically exempted ( uni managed stuff and the 'private halls' type set ups ). Private rents may require you to make a declarationto the council over status.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by converselove)
    Thanks. I was wanting to register so I could vote
    That's not a tax issue. Ask your uni when you get there, somebody will know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.