Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got a HUGE spot on my nose, and I'm gonna end up looking like a rhino tomorrow! So does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get rid of it, fast? I can't pop it right now, it's at that unpoppable stage. Thank yooooooou!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kart)
    I've got a HUGE spot on my nose, and I'm gonna end up looking like a rhino tomorrow! So does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get rid of it, fast? I can't pop it right now, it's at that unpoppable stage. Thank yooooooou!
    lmfao at " end up looking like a rhino "

wait till tomorrow then pop it duh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYa6)
    lmfao at " end up looking like a rhino "

wait till tomorrow then pop it duh
    Oh n-n-n-n-no! It might still be unpoppable tomorrow, and even if it is, I don't know what'll look worse, a popped bloody mess, or rhino-nose. A belt sander's looking mighty tempting right now!

ReputationRep:
    toothpaste might work, my friends swear by it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kart)
    In my experience at that stage anything you do to pop it will just make it look worse in the morning, you could try going to the store and buying a pack of blemish bombs, you smear it on and leave it on all night and it should be down in the morning and not so noticeable. Other than that I don't know, I usually don't worry about them, I just cover them up with make up, then again I've never had one on my nose. (knock on wood)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    toothpaste might work, my friends swear by it.
    Lol, I was told to try that to get rid of a hickey once, it didn't work. Never tried it for a zit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kart)
    lol keep in mind its not a horn...

ReputationRep:
    This is what I have in my house which I think *might* be useful in this situation.

An empty tea tree oil bottle. Might stilll get some use out of it.
    Oxy cleanser thingy.
    Oxy on the spot!!
    And dunno whether this is helpful, but I've got a loada Vitamin C tablets.

My nose is a joke. I always get massive spots there. Plus there's a scar. Some guy bit me on the nose in a fight two years ago, and the mark's still there,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Lol, I was told to try that to get rid of a hickey once, it didn't work. Never tried it for a zit.
    your skin is gorgeousssssssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kart)
    This is what I have in my house which I think *might* be useful in this situation.

Oxy cleanser thingy.
    Oxy on the spot!!

My nose is a joke. I always get massive spots there. Plus there's a scar. Some guy bit me on the nose in a fight two years ago, and the mark's still there,
    Just keep using the oxy on the spot, hmm you do mean the facial stuff and not the stuff for clothes I hope. If it's the former use it, the latter maybe not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kart)

Oxy cleanser thingy.
    Oxy on the spot!!

Id go for the tea tree oil lol
    Good luck hun!
    xox

ReputationRep:
    Stay at home all day.

ReputationRep:
    Put a small plaster on your nose and tell your mates 'My hamster bit my nose'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paranoid_teen)
    Put a small plaster on your nose and tell your mates 'My hamster bit my nose'
    Awwww bless, imagine if they actually did that, theyd b known as hamster boy for the rest of their life! lol
    xox

ReputationRep:
    dip cotton wool in boiling hot water and hold it on your nose as long as you can bear, itll burst then. then use dettol or soemthing to make sure it doesnt get infected.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'll try that boiling water thing now, and if that doesn't work, I'll hit it with the oxy/tea tree oil/toothpaste combo. You're goin' DOWN spot. I'll throw in The Vitamin C for good fun. Night everyone, thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    Kart, the nose is one of the most irritating place to get spots as it reminded people of a bullseye!?

I wouldn't recommend trying the tree oil and toothpaste thing - Both can lead to so called 'blackheads' on your nose. Blackheads are extremely difficult to get rid of.

Personally I have used OXY before, it works but definitely no immediate effect.

So the best solution is to put a plaster over it. It's somehow sexy and stylish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kart)
    I wouldn't recommend popping it at a poppable stage either.....it would leave a yukky scar!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Stay at home all day.

ReputationRep:
    *chuckles at the agonies of teenage life*

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.