Turn on thread page Beta

Why Do You ❤ Love ❤ Games So Much? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Emulators do not cause the same feeling like playing on consoles. It makes the play so nostalgic.
    Yes, if you're playing for nostalgia purposes then playing it the exact way you played it before would be ideal. Emulation is free, however.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Yes, if you're playing for nostalgia purposes then playing it the exact way you played it before would be ideal. Emulation is free, however.
    Yeah, that is right, but if I am not wrong the question of this thread is "why do you love Games so much". Nostalgia is one of the reasons.

ReputationRep:
    I love games because if you screw up trying to romance your party member you can just re-load your save

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Yeah, that is right, but if I am not wrong the question of this thread is "why do you love Games so much". Nostalgia is one of the reasons.
    Erm, ok?

ReputationRep:
    I like games because:

They create a safe environment to simulate things that are fun, but that you can't or shouldn't really attempt in real life, e.g. infiltrating a high security building, hiding from guards, shooting enemies, racing fast cars, fighting people etc.

They provide mental stimulation, particularly regarding spatial awareness, strategic thinking, hand-eye coordination, quick reactions etc.

Some of them can transport you into another world, helping you to escape from the relatively mundane realities of everyday life.

A bit of competition between friends is always fun!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Erm, ok?
    Okay? that is fine!

Nothing is funnier than to play old games on old consoles.

ReputationRep:
    I like my game because it is interesting, challenge and make me smarter.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.