Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Over the last few weeks I have been planning to start up a new society at Kingston University. I have filled up and submitted all relevant info but all I need now is 10 Kingston University students to make it official (the form required that I need their K number's, email addresses and a telephone number). The society falls under Liberation and Campaigns and is called the Kingston Mental Health Awareness Society (MHA for short)

As it is a new society there are plenty of important spaces that need to be filled e.g. a secretary, a treasurer, creative designer, events organiser etc.
    While every society has positions that you can take up, you will have to be a part of that society for a extended period of time to prove yourself worthy of the position. The MHA society is just starting up and it is an excellent opportunity for you to say that you helped set up a new, one-of-a-kind society at your university.
    Membership is £3 (I wish it could have been less but this is the minimum).
    But for now all I need from you is the K number, email and telephone just to show that you are interested. If you would like more info then please drop me a message.

All the best
    Yasmin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin057)
    Over the last few weeks I have been planning to start up a new society at Kingston University. I have filled up and submitted all relevant info but all I need now is 10 Kingston University students to make it official (the form required that I need their K number's, email addresses and a telephone number). The society falls under Liberation and Campaigns and is called the Kingston Mental Health Awareness Society (MHA for short)

As it is a new society there are plenty of important spaces that need to be filled e.g. a secretary, a treasurer, creative designer, events organiser etc.
    While every society has positions that you can take up, you will have to be a part of that society for a extended period of time to prove yourself worthy of the position. The MHA society is just starting up and it is an excellent opportunity for you to say that you helped set up a new, one-of-a-kind society at your university.
    Membership is £3 (I wish it could have been less but this is the minimum).
    But for now all I need from you is the K number, email and telephone just to show that you are interested. If you would like more info then please drop me a message.

All the best
    Yasmin
    Hi, im a student at kingston university (second year aerospace). i want to know what the society is about, is it to help people with mental health issues or is it just to raise awareness of it, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Gohmas,
    I have just copied the aims from the constitution form I created:
    " - To raise awareness for different types of mental illnesses that effect people from all walks of life.
    - To raise money for local In-patient centres in and around London and Nationally. To raise money for Local, National and International mental health charities.
    - To provide support for people suffering from different types of mental illnesses.
    (This will be done via various Social Media outlets, preferably tumblr as this allows people to submit anonymously and therefore gives them a sense of security and privacy. This account will need creating and maintaining, I previously had an account like this in the past were i helped people suffering from depression, anxiety, eating disorders, self harm etc. This was one that i ran alone and in my spare time, however I am looking to create one specifically to the Kingston Society, I will be wanting others to help me in writing to those who submit to us, however if anyone is uncomfortable doing this, there are plenty of other jobs and positions to hand.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i would like to join, it but i only want to be a member, im going to be too busy to do other things, so i just want to help out in things like fundraising for hospitals etc

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant, Thanks Gohmas.
    Of course, that is completely understandable, especially seeing as you are a second year student.
    I will just need you to message me your K number, email address and telephone number (for the university records).
    I will be messaging you in the near future in regards to meet ups and events, you can just turn up to whichever you like,
    as it would be really great to meet you.

Yasmin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin057)
    Brilliant, Thanks Gohmas.
    Of course, that is completely understandable, especially seeing as you are a second year student.
    I will just need you to message me your K number, email address and telephone number (for the university records).
    I will be messaging you in the near future in regards to meet ups and events, you can just turn up to whichever you like,
    as it would be really great to meet you.

Yasmin
    i've messaged you my details on your profile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 23, 2014

University open days

1. Kingston University
    All four Faculties: Kingston School of Art, Faculty of Science Engineering and Computing, Faculty of Health Social Care and Education and Faculty of Business and Social Sciences Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.