Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, would you be OK with being the main provider? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you be ok with it?
    sure why not
    85.19%
    no way
    14.81%

ReputationRep:
    Not good enough

He has to be earning the big bucks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    Seeing as I'll probably be in a stressful job myself... the less stress on my husband, the better.
    What stressful job is that :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    x
    Aren't you a boy? How comes you have the pink girl sign?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2en1)
    What stressful job is that :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Something in the medical field.

That being said, any high paying job is bound to be stressful on default.

ReputationRep:
    Surely this should be aimed at asking guys whether they'd mind earning less than their significant other? You know, ego and testosterone all that.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't "unprecedented," OP. Many women, in this day and age, want to be financially stable in their own right and contribute significantly to their partnership from that perspective, and I think that's the way it should be. Men and women are completely, 100% equal and capable when it comes to being able to provide for their families and make a living. The notion that men should be expected to be the primary provider, regardless of what a couple's personal situation is, is positively primeval.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obidobi)
    Let's say your husband/long term partner made a lot less than you did, would that be cool with you? He'd make enough to support himself but no more than that.
    First off, dearest OP...

my man wouldn't make a lot less than me :curious: Unless he started off like with a good job, lost it, and has to make do. I'd be so seriously supportive. OR if I just make more but when I met him, didn't. Sorry (actually, not sorry :indiff:), never gonna get with a man who makes "a lot less" than I do. Setting myself up for a disaster. Not gonna settle just so people don't call me a *****.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be cool with it, unless the reason he was earning a lot less was because he was on the dole. But I doubt it would happen, at least not for a long time, as I plan to be a student for a while and then go into a career which doesn't really pay much to start with (research).

ReputationRep:
    I prefer earning at least 3-5x more than her.

ReputationRep:
    Naahhh I wouldn't mind tbh I'm a very self sufficient individual. 💪

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it wouldn't be a problem really.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind. For most of my relationship, I made more than my partner and we just clubbed all the money together and shared it. We still do that now except he earns the most nowadays.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpe Vinum)
    I'd be cool with it, unless the reason he was earning a lot less was because he was on the dole
    What've you got against those who claim benefits? :dry:

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.