Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi guys !!!
    This is my first time posting here, so please forgive me if i go wrong anywhere. I need to open a bank account and am going crazy over the info on various banks.

I am a student in London and will be studying for a year.

I need and account that is easy to use, no hassles of minimum balance or monthly deposits.

I will largely depend on the the funds being transferred from home, so i need a bank that conducts transfer at a low cost.

Will also need a debit card and don't require a credit card as of now.

I've looked in the banks closeset to my college, NatWest and Santander
    out of the two Santander seems to offer no extra perks but has the lower account maintenance fee and seemingly has no international transfer charges ( i don't believe that, just sounds very fishy).
    Any help would be much appreciated.

All banks are lying scumbags who'll do anything for your business. They prey on students in particular offering things of low value in the hope you'll keep your overdraft, loan and credit cards with them for life.

Pick any of them. They'll all shaft you much the same.

Personally, I went for the Co-operative Bank as they were the most ethical at the time. Then it turned out their boss was a serial lying junkie gay paedophile user of prostitutes with fake references and career history who was running the bank into the ground. And they were the good guys.

OK, I give in.

Here's a proper answer: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/Student-bank-account
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.