Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Im applying for philosophy and theology at:
    Oxford (Keble), Exeter, Bristol, Nottingham.
    I've got offers from all but Oxford. Exeter and Nottingham AAB. Bristol AAA. Waiting to hear back form Oxford about interview, fingers crossed!
    I got 8A* 2A at GCSE, AABB at AS. Im predicted A*AA at A2
    OXFORD APPLICANTS: I was wondering what sort of extra reading any of you had done?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Applying for Theology and Religion at Birmingham, Nottingham, Exeter, Edinburgh and Aberdeen (all uni of).
    Got two offers from Birmingham and Nottingham, still waiting for the rest as Exeter would be ideal. Predicted ABB!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys applied for philosophy, predicted philosophy A*, english A*, maths A, got offers from Birmingham (unconditional), sheffield (AAB), york (AAB), southampton (ABB + A in EPQ) and manchester (ABB)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexpattisson)
    OXFORD APPLICANTS: I was wondering what sort of extra reading any of you had done?
    I've been reading a few theology books (because I realised all my reading so far was philosophy!) so I'm currently reading a book called 'God is Back' by Micklethwait and Wooldridge, which is a really interesting read I've also read Hume's Dialogues and Chesterton's Orthodoxy - what about you?
    Also, do you have any idea when we'll hear about interview invites/rejections? I was assuming it would be soon, being such an early interview!

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected by Bristol :/ tbh I wasn't totally expecting an offer, just an ambitious application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oharasmo)
    Just got rejected by Bristol :/ tbh I wasn't totally expecting an offer, just an ambitious application
    Awh unlucky! What were your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview offer from oxford, but was reallocated from Oriel to Regent's - a little upset because Regents has such a tiny intake and I'd rather be in a bigger freshers group, but really happy to have been invited to interview anyone else heard from oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreshGarbage)
    Awh unlucky! What were your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ABB because my school rarely predict up (I got ABB at AS with a high A and a high B which I indicated on my UCAS) but anyway my predictions let me down so I'm not surprised I got rejected

ReputationRep:
    Hi, guys
    Has anyone heard from Edinburgh for philosophy and theology yet?

ReputationRep:
    Any news from LSE/UCL/KCL, anybody?

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I'm applying for Philosophy and Philosophy&Theology at Oxford, UCL, Kings, St Andrews and Manchester.
    So far I've got unconditional offers from Manchester and UCL, and an interview at Oxford (LMH).
    I'm a post a level applicant on a gap year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 44ELH)
    Hello

I'm applying for Philosophy and Philosophy&Theology at Oxford, UCL, Kings, St Andrews and Manchester.
    So far I've got unconditional offers from Manchester and UCL, and an interview at Oxford (LMH).
    I'm a post a level applicant on a gap year!
    Congratulations on Manchester and UCL! May I ask what your grades are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naomi12)
    Just got an interview offer from oxford, but was reallocated from Oriel to Regent's - a little upset because Regents has such a tiny intake and I'd rather be in a bigger freshers group, but really happy to have been invited to interview anyone else heard from oxford?
    Got an interview from Keble, buzzing. Congrats on getting yours!

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview from Keble, buzzing. Congrats on getting yours!
    Congrats to you too! Can't believe we'll be there in just over 8 days :O

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I thought I'd already posted here but I guess not :x

I'm applying for Philosophy at UCL, Durham and Cambridge, and Philosophy and Politics at York and Leeds.

So far I've an offer from Leeds for AAB, an offer from York for AA, an interview with Cambridge, and an offer from UCL for AA

so happy

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy Applicant!
    Got into - Nottingham, York , Leeds and Southampton - all A,A,B - All i need is Exeter
    Is anyone going to firm Nottingham ? Leeds will be my back up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplebronze)
    Philosophy Applicant!
    Got into - Nottingham, York , Leeds and Southampton - all A,A,B - All i need is Exeter
    Is anyone going to firm Nottingham ? Leeds will be my back up
    Me! Nottingham is my first choice, it also helped that I went to the summer school and absolutely loved it. I also have offers from Exeter, York, Sheffield & East Anglia (5/5 ). Every offer is AAB except for East Anglia which is ABB. I got my offer from UEA a day after my application was processed and then it was upgraded to unconditional the next day, with the promise of a scholarship if I get certain grades. I was obviously flattered but it's not my first choice, however, it did make me think about things a little bit. Nottingham was the last offer I was waiting on which was annoying because it's my first choice. It's as if the offers were given to me in reverse order haha. Anyway, despite Nottingham being my first choice, anything can happen at this stage but I'll probably end up firming them, just have to decide on an insurance. My mum says there's no point visiting all the offer holder days if I have my 3 favourites (Nottingham, Exeter, York) but I just feel like going to all for the pure fun of it as I'll never have another opportunity to visit the unis I don't end up going to.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have applied to study Philosophy at Exeter, has anyone had any offers yet and if so how long did they take to reply??

ReputationRep:
    Just got offers from UCL (History and Philosohy of science) and Nottingham reduced offer for Philosophy (ABC conditional for AAB course). Couldn't be happier 😀

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Im applying for philosophy and theology at:
    Oxford (Keble), Exeter, Bristol, Nottingham.
    I've got offers from all but Oxford. Exeter and Nottingham AAB. Bristol AAA. Waiting to hear back form Oxford about interview, fingers crossed!
    I got 8A* 2A at GCSE, AABB at AS. Im predicted A*AA at A2
    Haahaa we have got similar results, how long did Nottingham take to reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.