Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oharasmo)
    Yeah that sounds good, thanks so much for the advice man
    No problems at all! Hopefully will be seeing you there if I myself receive an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annaw1996)
    I have an unconditional from Cardiff and an unconditional from Edinburgh so far. I only applied Dec 27th so I don't expect to hear back for a while.
    Nice, someone else has got a place at Cardiff (I have a conditional). Have you been/Are you going to an applicant day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    No problems at all! Hopefully will be seeing you there if I myself receive an offer
    Yes hopefully see you there, fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoldenEmblem277)
    Nice, someone else has got a place at Cardiff (I have a conditional). Have you been/Are you going to an applicant day?

I'm afraid not. I think I'm going to choose Edinburgh almost definitely!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone on this thread thinking of firming UCl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albion103)
    Who attended this weeks Lecture at the Royal institute of Philosophy (in UCL) on Nietzsche? They're starting them again after Christmas - Its free for all with no booking, but seats do fill up quickly :P
    They don't fill up if you get there promptly. Went to a good one on the origins of analytic phil the other week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsbloodyeliot)
    Is anyone on this thread thinking of firming UCl?
    Me, if they offer me a place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    Have you seen the student satisfaction though? Apparently only 20% of students think they get helpful feedback on work other than that it looks amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsbloodyeliot)
    Have you seen the student satisfaction though? Apparently only 20% of students think they get helpful feedback on work other than that it looks amazing
    Seriously?! That sounds awful... I will look that up, thanks for bringing it up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    same here! I have chemistry biology and greek literature HL. Do you think that this is going to be a problem?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from UCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikslewis)
    Looks like not. At least I am still waiting!

P.S. What stats you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    Looks like not. At least I am still waiting!

P.S. What stats you got?
    I have: KCL, Birmingham (unconditional), Warwick, Manchester, and ofc waiting on UCL.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I have: KCL, Birmingham (unconditional), Warwick, Manchester, and ofc waiting on UCL.

How about you?
    KCL and Warwick here. Waiting on LSE and UCL. By stats I meant grades

ReputationRep:
    Yes but apparently they divide up all the applications into pools and it's pot luck whether you hear in December or in March. So not hearing anything for a while doesn't mean anything

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently living in Central America on my gap year, and have a deferred entry offer from Sheffield University to study Philosophy & Hispanic Studies starting September.

I originally applied to Newcastle, Nottingham, Birmingham and Keele University to study straight Philosophy. However, after living abroad for a few months, it became clear that I wanted to further my knowledge of Spanish after my gap year. So, I dropped the Sheffield Hispanic Studies department an email and they were happy to take me on.

I was predicted AAB in Philosophy, Photography and English Literature and recieved conditional offers from all the universities in which I applied.
    For AS, I achieved BBC in English Literature, Photography and Philosophy respectively.

I required ABB in English Literature, Philosophy and Photography... I misjudged an essay question on the topic of Metaphysics, but that is now history.

Any Sheffield firmers, hit me up! And if anyone has any questions about the general application process, please do not hesitate to ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from UCL, LSE or Edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolen)
    Has anyone heard back from UCL, LSE or Edinburgh?
    Stll watinig on LSE and UCL, and haven't applied to Edinburgh. What are your 1st and 2nd choices if you receive all offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    Stll watinig on LSE and UCL, and haven't applied to Edinburgh. What are your 1st and 2nd choices if you receive all offers?
    1st choice: LSE/UCL
    2nd choice: KCL
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolen)
    1st choice: LSE/UCL
    2nd choice: KCL
    What about you?
    1st choice: UCL
    2nd choice: KCL/LSE

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.