Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    1st choice: UCL
    2nd choice: KCL/LSE
    Why do you prefer UCL over LSE?

ReputationRep:
    I will be studying Philosophy & Hispanic Studies at Sheffield University this coming September. I recieved my offer last year, and I am currently living abroad in the meantime.

Any other Sheffield candidates/firmers hit me up! Would be great to hear from you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolen)
    Why do you prefer UCL over LSE?
    Because UCL has a diversity of traditional philosophy themes available for study ranging from Greek philosophy to aesthetics, while LSE almost exclusively specializes in philosophy of natural and social sciences. Do you like philosophy modules at LSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beidniz)
    I will be studying Philosophy & Hispanic Studies at Sheffield University this coming September. I recieved my offer last year, and I am currently living abroad in the meantime.

Any other Sheffield candidates/firmers hit me up! Would be great to hear from you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offer from Sheffield as well but unsure whether to firm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    Because UCL has a diversity of traditional philosophy themes available for study ranging from Greek philosophy to aesthetics, while LSE almost exclusively specializes in philosophy of natural and social sciences. Do you like philosophy modules at LSE?
    Not really! I love the variety of modules at UCL too. I recently got an offer and it is definitely going to be my firm choice. I applied to LSE because of its graduate prospects..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolen)
    Not really! I love the variety of modules at UCL too. I recently got an offer and it is definitely going to be my firm choice. I applied to LSE because of its graduate prospects..
    How recently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    How recently?
    24 Feb

ReputationRep:
    Recently received an offer for philosophy at York I can't wait to visit!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladywolf)
    Recently received an offer for philosophy at York I can't wait to visit!!
    Well done! Where else have you applied? Any other offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreshGarbage)
    Well done! Where else have you applied? Any other offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Manchester met, Hertfordshire & kent! Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    Recently received an offer to read BSc Philosophy Logic and Scientific Method at LSE. Anybody is planning to firm it over here?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, just a quick question.
    I was wondering if anyone has heard back from UCL for BA Philosophy yet? I'm beginning to feel quite concerned as it's two weeks into March and I still haven't received a reply. UCL is my first choice so I'm pretty eager to hear back. Anybody here in the same situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudia.r)
    I was wondering if anyone has heard back from UCL for BA Philosophy yet? I'm beginning to feel quite concerned as it's two weeks into March and I still haven't received a reply. UCL is my first choice so I'm pretty eager to hear back. Anybody here in the same situation?
    Exactly in the same boat as you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudia.r)
    Me

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, do any of you have offers for straight philosophy from either Nottingham or Newcastle? I've got offers from both for the same grades and I'm struggling to choose which to firm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviawest)
    Hi guys, do any of you have offers for straight philosophy from either Nottingham or Newcastle? I've got offers from both for the same grades and I'm struggling to choose which to firm!
    I have an unconditional from Nottingham and AAB from Newcastle, I've chosen Notts for this reason haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Leeds uni or Newcastle for philosophy???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePrimeMover)
    Leeds uni or Newcastle for philosophy???
    I got offers from both as well personally I'd go with Newcastle over Leeds but I've heard Leeds has an awesome students union. I think they are quite similar standards and nightlife wise. Either would be amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer from UCL! I've also firmed it!

I've also got an offer from NCH with a possibility of a full scholarship. This is a massive dilemma, as I don't think I want to risk my entire university education on an experimental institution

What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albion103)
    I've got an offer from UCL! I've also firmed it!

I've also got an offer from NCH with a possibility of a full scholarship. This is a massive dilemma, as I don't think I want to risk my entire university education on an experimental institution

What do you guys think?
    Personally I loved NCH, and if I hadn't got my Oxford offer would have been likely to go. But you're right that it's a risk, although you would get a city of London degree just like you would at UCL

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.