Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I've been with her for about 4months, but there is this one guy who apparently told her he loves her and he's always commenting on her pictures etc. When I'm with her you can see his snapchat notifications pop up on her phone. He then changed his bio to "I guess we will have to be secretly in love with each other" on Instagram. Now I don't know if it's me overthinking, but it is really bothering me lol. She told me she used to have a thing for him way before we met, and he lives 100s of miles away. It's times like this I hate social media and technology. I don't want to bring it up as it makes me look weird - would just like some advice!

First of all what age are you?

I would let your gf clearly know that it is pissing u off lol and if she loves you she will accept this and stop speaking to him as much or ask him to stop commenting on all her pics as he knows she has a boyfriend any guy would understand!

I have had sort of the same situation (sometimes girls like attention of people commenting on them no matter who it is just makes us feel better and some girls secretly like the jealously guys get!) but u need to say to her he is really getting on your nerves and she needs to stop speaking to him and see what she says x

Keep a close eye on her. If you confront her about it outright she'll manipulate the situation to turn it around on you, making you look bad. Hunt subtly and.see how she reacts. If she explodes, there's more than just some unrequited love/attention there..
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2014
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.