Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I am planning to visit Belgium as part of my inter-rail adventure and was wondering if anyone knew first hand of any good places to eat / stay or visit. I have got a travel guidebook but it's always interesting to get advice from people that have been and see where people recommend.

I am planning to visit Brussels, Liege, Ghent. Brugge, Oostend and Antwerpen.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Bonjour ouais dans Bruxelles il y a plein de bon choses.

in Brusselles
    - eat miltrailette - find it everywhere
    - eat loads of gauffre (waffles)
    - chips with pili pili
    - chocolate

Places
    - Grand Places
    - Rue de Nueve
    - Mini Europe
    - Atomium
    - Well Health Hotel
    - Take the metro
    - Merode - Pqrc du cinquentaire

There's a cushion shop in Grand Place I fell in loveeeeeee with; Belguim is awesome. Have fun! I spent the summer there.

ReputationRep:
    A good place to stay is Alliance hotel http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g188644-d227972-Reviews-Alliance_Hotel_Brussels_Expo-Brussels.html

A good place to eat is McDonalds if you want to sample local cuisine.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I'll be sure to look all those places up! Have you been to them all? I am looking forward to eating lots of waffles!!

Gotta love a good cushion!!
    (Original post by tr3sbelle)
    Bonjour ouais dans Bruxelles il y a plein de bon choses.

in Brusselles
    - eat miltrailette - find it everywhere
    - eat loads of gauffre (waffles)
    - chips with pili pili
    - chocolate

Places
    - Grand Places
    - Rue de Nueve
    - Mini Europe
    - Atomium
    - Well Health Hotel
    - Take the metro
    - Merode - Pqrc du cinquentaire

There's a cushion shop in Grand Place I fell in loveeeeeee with; Belguim is awesome. Have fun! I spent the summer there.

ReputationRep:
    yup i've been everywhere - word of warning - pickpocketing is a massive problem in Brussels - be careful!

ReputationRep:
    Amazing you must have some real good stories to tell! Were there any particular places you recommend staying in?? Thanks for that advice, particularly as I will be travelling alone!

yup i've been everywhere - word of warning - pickpocketing is a massive problem in Brussels - be careful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flintstone89)
    Amazing you must have some real good stories to tell! Were there any particular places you recommend staying in?? Thanks for that advice, particularly as I will be travelling alone!
    Oh yeah definitely, was fab! Women travelling alone holds its risks (God knows I faced some) but just travel smart and you'll have a blast!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether your into World War 1, but theres many lovely place in Ypres, Belgium to do with World War 1.

Men In Gates in Ypres is a lovely place to go too while your in Belgium. I would definitely recommend it definitely in the evening when the street lights are on, but I went to Ypres with my school during December last year where all the Christmas lights were on, so Im unsure whats it like now.
    Also Peace Village in Ypres is a lovely hostel to stay in.

ReputationRep:
    Did you go inter-railing? Yeah I am quite worried about it but it has to be done, I really want to go so will just need to bite the bullet and go for it!

Oh yeah definitely, was fab! Women travelling alone holds its risks (God knows I faced some) but just travel smart and you'll have a blast!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks for those ideas! I have been to Ypres before but that was on a school trip and only for the day so I may well have a look into going again so I can explore a bit more. I will have a look at the Peace Village hostel too, thanks

(Original post by invalidname)
    I don't know whether your into World War 1, but theres many lovely place in Ypres, Belgium to do with World War 1.

Men In Gates in Ypres is a lovely place to go too while your in Belgium. I would definitely recommend it definitely in the evening when the street lights are on, but I went to Ypres with my school during December last year where all the Christmas lights were on, so Im unsure whats it like now.
    Also Peace Village in Ypres is a lovely hostel to stay in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flintstone89)
    Hey, thanks for those ideas! I have been to Ypres before but that was on a school trip and only for the day so I may well have a look into going again so I can explore a bit more. I will have a look at the Peace Village hostel too, thanks
    your welcome! I went for 2 days and loved it there.. I really want to go back now hahaha, but sadly I'm still young so I'm unable to travel alone yet. I heard that Mini Europe is a nice place too, its in Brussels.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, mini Europe is on the list too thanks!

(Original post by invalidname)
    your welcome! I went for 2 days and loved it there.. I really want to go back now hahaha, but sadly I'm still young so I'm unable to travel alone yet. I heard that Mini Europe is a nice place too, its in Brussels.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.