Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I am planning to visit Croatia as part of my inter-rail adventure and was wondering if anyone knew first hand of any good places to eat / stay or visit. I have got a travel guidebook but it's always interesting to get advice from people that have been and see where people recommend.

I am planning to visit Zagreb, Rijecka and Split.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You need to add Dubrovnic to the list - Croatia is such a beautiful country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flintstone89)
    Hi there,

I am planning to visit Croatia as part of my inter-rail adventure and was wondering if anyone knew first hand of any good places to eat / stay or visit. I have got a travel guidebook but it's always interesting to get advice from people that have been and see where people recommend.

Thanks
    Zagreb and Rijeka are the cities that are not popular to tourist. But if you choose Zagreb there are some nice places, it depens what are you looking for. Tkalča street is where there are a lot tourists as there are a lot of bars with nice programs, than you have the quarter and lake Jarun where students usually go out to have parties. For Rijeka I don't know much as I am not usually there but from what I hear it is a harbour city.

I would reccomend you Split and dalmatian cities (Zadar, Šibenik, Dubrovnik) along the coast. In Split there is an island in the near called Hvar whit a lot destination. From Split it is about 30 min via ship.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Thanks
    I was in Zagreb just a few weeks ago, and really loved it so let me know if you want any more info. I'd definitely recommend that you visit the Plitvice Lakes though, they were amazing!!! Most stunning place I can remember visiting in my life. I really enjoyed Zagreb, and would love to go back and explore a bit more of Croatia

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Thanks
    Croatia is a land of many coastal towns and cities have a fascinating history and are filled with the historical remains of Roman and Venetian times. Must visit Plitvice Lake. This spot is well known due to its natural beauty and significance.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.