Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I start Uni on Monday, and to put it simply, my SF isn't sorted. For the last five months or so, my parents have been trying to provide evidence to SF so they can give me my grant. However, no matter what we do, they will not accept the evidence we give them (Council Tax bills). As my parents are separated, but not legally separated, the other alternative is to get a letter from a solicitor confirming their marital status. This really isn't what we wanted to do purely because of financial reasons, but we've got no other choice really.

    My question is, does anybody know of any solicitors in or around the Birmingham/ Black Country area that will be able to do this letter, as the ones we're phoning seem completely clueless?

    (P.S. I know I won't have any money for the first few weeks (at least); I know we've had months to sort it; but on the bright side, I'm staying at home so no need to worry about accommodation cost )

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.