Turn on thread page Beta

Is it Worth Asking my Teachers to Put in What UMS I got in my A2's, for Medicine watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ΘTheta)
    Most of my other units are within the 85-90% range in therms of UMS, which I think is still quite high, but not worth mentioning.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    E.g. for Maths A2, I got 88%,88%,90%,90%,93%,96%, and Economics AS, I got 87%(if I can remember correctly),90%, for Biology A2 I got 75%,86%,87%,87%,98%,100% and for Chemistry A2 I got 82%,82%,87%,92%,100%,100% (if my memory serves me correct for Chemistry)

What do you think?
    But I dunno, do you think it would negatively impact on my application if it is mentioned?
    Thanks
    You got excellent results, well done!

I'm sure on ucas you can put down module grades so your referee doesn't have to put it down.

Best of luck
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    In answer to the OP, no.

I read my previous reference (when I was in year 13), one of my teacher said what I got in one of my units, and I had no influence in causing that decision at all.

Would it be a problem for the admissions if they think a student was "pushing" in a reference?
    In answer to that, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyalimers)
    In answer to the OP, no.

In answer to that, yes.
    Really, why so?

Could they reject you because of it?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Really, why so?

Could they reject you because of it?

Thanks!
    It could cause them to completely ignore the contents of your reference and damage your application accordingly. It could also damage the reputation of the school providing the reference. A school's reference is supposed to be an honest, trustworthy representation of their impression of you as a pupil. If the pupil has seen it, let alone actively influenced what's gone into it, it makes the whole process into a joke.

I would suggest you stop obsessing over this and concentrate on your part of the application process. That does not include the reference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    It could cause them to completely ignore the contents of your reference and damage your application accordingly. It could also damage the reputation of the school providing the reference. A school's reference is supposed to be an honest, trustworthy representation of their impression of you as a pupil. If the pupil has seen it, let alone actively influenced what's gone into it, it makes the whole process into a joke.

I would suggest you stop obsessing over this and concentrate on your part of the application process. That does not include the reference.
    I think that's probably for the best. I think I'll send an email in the morning to that teacher I gave some suggestions I gave about, and tell the teacher to forget about it and not to let it influence the teacher decision, and act like it was never there and just let the teacher write what they was originally intending to write. Probably for the best. What do you think?

ps: Thanks for your advice too over the last few posts.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's probably for the best. I think I'll send an email in the morning to that teacher I gave some suggestions I gave about, and tell the teacher to forget about it and not to let it influence the teacher decision, and act like it was never there and just let the teacher write what they was originally intending to write. Probably for the best. What do you think?

ps: Thanks for your advice too over the last few posts.
    If a teacher has asked you what kind of thing you would like to make sure is mentioned, then that is (or at least can be) fair enough. That's not unheard of. Just be careful you're not unintentionally getting them to warp your reference into something highly irregular and missing the point, though.

You're very welcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    If a teacher has asked you what kind of thing you would like to make sure is mentioned, then that is (or at least can be) fair enough. That's not unheard of. Just be careful you're not unintentionally getting them to warp your reference into something highly irregular and missing the point, though.

You're very welcome.
    The teachers writing my references you mean?

If my memory serves me correct, one of my friend has their referee ask them if there is anything the referee would like to mention for them, in the reference.

But in my case, I was never approached by my referees for this application cycle, and so I suppose its only right that I send that email that I was talking about in my previous reply.
    Is this the right thing to do, do you reckon?
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    The teachers writing my references you mean?

If my memory serves me correct, one of my friend has their referee ask them if there is anything the referee would like to mention for them, in the reference.

But in my case, I was never approached by my referees for this application cycle, and so I suppose its only right that I send that email that I was talking about in my previous reply.
    Is this the right thing to do, do you reckon?
    Without causing undue offence, are you incapable of making a decision by yourself?

What do you think seems appropriate in this situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyalimers)
    Without causing undue offence, are you incapable of making a decision by yourself?

What do you think seems appropriate in this situation?
    Sending that aforementioned email to my teacher.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.