Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Bullying Feminists Is Not The Answer watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    i wouldn't read pages 1-7, they're all a load of crap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Too late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    *are

(Just kidding.)
    PRSOM.

ReputationRep:
    Sherlock says

but now it (feminism) has been expanded to include men's issues too

Caravaggio2 says
    Care to give a few examples?

ReputationRep:
    If feminism gets more women into work, I'm all for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    If feminism gets more women into work, I'm all for it!
    wouldn't it be great?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    Sherlock says

but now it (feminism) has been expanded to include men's issues too

Caravaggio2 says
    Care to give a few examples?
    Most of them are primarily women's issues in terms of prevalence, but just reversed to look like men's issues e.g. men being sexually abused by women, domestic violence by women against men etc. They "affect men too", but not nearly as much.

Or in some cases, they will bring up things that they get offended by, but try to disguise them as concern on behalf of men. For example "Don't tell someone to 'man up', or you'll make them feel suffocated that they can't cry in public and display their emotions". Yeah right, they just don't like the fact that "toughness" is typically associated with men rather than women, and are trying to blur the distinction between the two sexes.

When it comes to any issue that actually puts women at an advantage and men at a disadvantage, the women who call themselves "feminists" tend not to appear too concerned by it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherlockfan)
    i was making that analogy to point out how stupid his argument was. because nowadays it still seems to be ok to campaign against racial inequality, and no one will dispute that racism still exists, but anyone who does the same for gender inequality is instantly shot down.
    im saying that feminism in the past has fought mainly for the rights of women (and rightly so) but now it has been expanded to include men's issues too. but in doing so we can't ignore the prejudice that still exists against women around the world, for the fear that a few men might be offended.
    is that hard to understand?
    Okay no, that's fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    Most of them are primarily women's issues in terms of prevalence, but just reversed to look like men's issues e.g. men being sexually abused by women, domestic violence by women against men etc. They "affect men too", but not nearly as much.

Or in some cases, they will bring up things that they get offended by, but try to disguise them as concern on behalf of men. For example "Don't tell someone to 'man up', or you'll make them feel suffocated that they can't cry in public and display their emotions". Yeah right, they just don't like the fact that "toughness" is typically associated with men rather than women, and are trying to blur the distinction between the two sexes.

When it comes to any issue that actually puts women at an advantage and men at a disadvantage, the women who call themselves "feminists" tend not to appear too concerned by it.
    it never puts men at a disadvantage. gain some perspective, please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So you mean they werent the ones pushing for the ending of the 70 years of pension discramination, where women, despite living 7 yrs longer, got to retire
    5 yrs earlier?
    I cant believe that.

ReputationRep:
    So you mean they werent the ones pushing for the ending of the 70 years of pension discramination, where women, despite living 7 yrs longer, got to retire
    5 yrs earlier?
    I cant believe that.
    does that upset you? why don't you start a movement?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it never puts men at a disadvantage. gain some perspective, please.
    Oh Really?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently theres no need. Youve got it covered😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Put a tampon in, brother.
    What the hell is your problem? You're not right in the head, mate

ReputationRep:
    Oh Really?
    why do men feel the need to be oppressed? you know it's not a nice feeling, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apparently theres no need. Youve got it covered😊
    great so just sit back and let them do their work

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    why do men feel the need to be oppressed? you know it's not a nice feeling, right?
    This post is further evidence of what I already said:

"When it comes to any issue that actually puts women at an advantage and men at a disadvantage, the women who call themselves "feminists" tend not to appear too concerned by it."

You claim that it never puts men at a disadvantage. I prove to you that it does, and your response is essentially to just live with it? And you wonder why feminism is unpopular around here? lol...

ReputationRep:
    Oh Really?

Another self declared feminists there taking care of mens problems.

ReputationRep:
    This post is further evidence of what I already said:

"When it comes to any issue that actually puts women at an advantage and men at a disadvantage, the women who call themselves "feminists" tend not to appear too concerned by it."

You claim that it never puts men at a disadvantage. I prove to you that it does, and your response is essentially to just live with it? And you wonder why feminism is unpopular around here? lol...
    She's really just a sexist girl. You can't reason with her. Every time she loses the debate her response is 'boohoo. men should grow up and stop complaining'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    so childish. Why don't you treat everyone as human beings instead of trying to separate them by gender?

ReputationRep:
    Another self declared feminists there taking care of mens problems.
    I'd expect some feminists to say that the author of that article (linked in case anyone missed it) is just an anomaly, and we shouldn't take it to represent feminism. But these sorts of views from self-declared feminists do have a negative impact in society.

I didn't believe it when I first found out, but some countries that you would think are reasonably progressive countries when it comes to people's rights (e.g. France and Germany), actually agree with that article, and have made paternity testing illegal. It's true; realising that your father or child isn't really who you thought they were can be traumatic. So in order to put a stop to this, instead of making it illegal for women to commit paternity fraud, they help them cover it up and make it illegal for anyone to find out about it. Because feminism.

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rig...ternity-tests/

If feminists care about mens issues too, where are all the feminists kicking up a fuss about this?

ReputationRep:
    You raise an interesting issue. There is research to suggest that domestic violence is initiated by women as much as it is by men, and most DV occurs in relationships where the violence is mutual. It's just that men hit harder. As a result, two-thirds of DV-related injury is sustained by women.

The researcher responsible for the work analysed various violence scenarios, saying that the worst injuries sustained by women as a result of DV occurred when they had struck first and their partner retaliated.

The researcher concluded from this that women should probably stop hitting their partners...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glenn-..._b_222746.html

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.