Turn on thread page Beta

Current balance and available balance watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'm confused between the difference of the two

My current is 1395

my available is over £2000

My student finance has been paid in

So I'm a bit confused by it all what does this mean?

ReputationRep:
    It'll likely be your overdraft :-) So, you current balance is the cash which is currently in your account. The "available" is your current balance, plus whatever your agreed overdraft is.

ReputationRep:
    It could be because it hasnt fully been processed yet by the bank ... thats what the two numbers are for sometimes when you buy somthing in a shop your actual balance is higher than current or vice versa because you actually have that money in your account (it hasnt been taken out by the retail er yet ) but obviously you have spent the money and cant use the money again. It can also happen the other way around while checks clear. Or it could be an overdraft as the other poster said. It is obviously not applicable in this situation because your available is higher than your actual but somtimes if you look on a ATM then it will say for example current : £11322 but then say available £3000 because the machien doesnt have enough notes in it and because obviously it rounds it to the lowest denomination that can be made up with pounds

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.