Turn on thread page Beta

I self harm and I have an eating disorder. I've been suffering from these for a while now. On Friday it all got a bit too much. I was felt so tired and weak and I'd almost fainted in PE. Later on in maths I broke down crying (quietly - I didn't want to draw any attention). My teacher took me out and asked how things are at home and said she was worried about me. I considered telling her but I just told her that I was ill. Since then I've spent a lot of time thinking about whether I should talk to her. The problem is I'm terrified! I talked to a friend and she said to explain to her that I don't want anyone else to know and then talk to her. I'm still too scared and I feel like I need to lose more weight before I consider talking to anyone. If I told her would she have to report it? Anyone got advice on it all? Sorry its so long
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    If there is someone there to help you, let them. She'd probably tell someone such as a school counselor or your tutor but you need help. Accept it.

I was gonna talk to her today but I just talked myself out of it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Why did you talk yourself out of it?

It sounds like a positive step to reach out for help.

What about writing it down and giving that to her?

ReputationRep:
    she will likely have to report it as you are causing yourself harm

I would really try and talk to her, she is not going to think you are fat or not sick enough or anything like that, she will just be worried and want to help and it will mean you can have support in school as well in case you need to leave a lesson or don't feel up to doing PE etc

A lot happened on fri so I had to tell her. It feels so much better to have spoken to someone. She reported it so I can get counselling. Now I keep getting panick attacks...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A lot happened on fri so I had to tell her. It feels so much better to have spoken to someone. She reported it so I can get counselling. Now I keep getting panick attacks...
    You did the right thing :hugs:
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Now I keep getting panick attacks...
    If it is ok with you, send me a PM and i'll reply with some stuff you may find helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Speak to her before you fall into a utter mental breakdown like me..
    Do it now before it's too late.
    You're not alone.

ReputationRep:
    Heya, a lot of my friends have similar problems and I think that if you were to tell anyone it should be your parents, a close brother or sister or a really close friend but if you want help then tell your teacher but only if you can trust her! we cant tell you what to do unless you trust her! if the teacher had to tell anyone it would either be your parents or a counsellor - it would be to help you!

Your body was made to carry all your organs and bones! it wasn't made to satisfy boys or friends or anyone!
    so if your not slim or not chubbyit doesn't matter because as long as it works and that you're healthy there's nothing more you could need! trust me, I know exactly how you feel!
    Hazel x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.