Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hello people of the internet,
    yes, this is another one of those "Could I get in" thread, hopefully there are still some people on here who bother to reply to these.

While I am aware that King's lists typical offers, but I link to think (perhaps because it keeps me sane) that the process is holistic enough that it isn't a dry indicator of wether one will get in or not.

I am in the IB programme, and so far I have a 36 - excluding the additional points, which my school has taught us to not count on. My grades (i don't have my predicted grades yet, am hoping that some of my teachers will be kinder than i expect them to be) are as follows:

English Literature (HL): 6
    French Literature (HL): 7
    History (HL): 6
    Geography (SL): 7
    Biology (SL): 5
    Maths (SL): 5

I think my personal statement is strong, by that I mean that I poured my heart into it until it was the most accurate reflection of myself as it could be, hopefully that is what they really expect.
    My recommendations should be good, I haven't seen them, but I'm from a very reputation-minded school, so they do all they can to ensure you get into good unis.

I am a EU student (France) and go to the 1st ranked school in the country (it's overrated, but i guess unis don't need to know that)

so yea, don't know what else to say, I'd reaaaaally like to get input from people who can tell me about this whole process without sounding like a broken record, so far I haven't had much luck.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.