Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

You have £100,000, what do you buy? watch

ReputationRep:
    its not enough money to do anything with. probably just put it in the bank and spend it on food and shopping and things like that, should last for a good few months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    My life would be sorted :P
    Car, education paid for up to doctorate level; and able to buy all the goodies I could ever want :P
    What are you studying up to the doctorate level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inachigeek21)
    What are you studying up to the doctorate level?
    Did BSc Psychology. Currently doing MSc Clinical and Cognitive Neuroscience. Either hoping to do Medicine grad entry or Cognitive Neuroscience related PhD

ReputationRep:
    I find Neurology so interesting, amazing stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I would save like half of it..
    Spend 10k on loads of clothes and games and stuff (and buy things for all my friends and family and stuff too)
    Spend 10-20k on my first car
    Give the rest to a couple different charities like WaterAid or Unicef

ReputationRep:
    Not tell anyone and just keep it in ma bank.
    Then would secretly solve ma families problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomWeller)
    Honestly, I would save like half of it..
    Spend 10k on loads of clothes and games and stuff (and buy things for all my friends and family and stuff too)
    Spend 10-20k on my first car
    Give the rest to a couple different charities like WaterAid or Unicef
    That's lovely, most likely what I'd realistically do with mine plus give a lot of it to my parents... If I ever came to be so wealthy haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeanlucpicard)
    2 fairly decent cars (Audi S4/ BMW M5/ Mercedes C63 etc.)

OR

1 unbelievable fast car (Aston Martin Vantage V8S/ Audi R8/ Maserati etc.)
    Used Maseratti for about £25k.

Use the rest for the deposit on a flat in central London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I think you need a bit more than 100k for that
    lol maybe just one or ill change exam boards for ocr
    • TSR Community Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Astronomical)
    Used Maseratti for about £25k.

Use the rest for the deposit on a flat in central London.
    To be fair, great plan. You would spend £75k on a deposit? You'd be moving into an AMAZING property for that!

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, great plan. You would spend £75k on a deposit? You'd be moving into an AMAZING property for that!
    Won't be that fantastic a flat in Central London with that kind of deposit

ReputationRep:
    I don't care about cars enough to spend £100k on one. I's spend £25k max and then bank the rest.

ReputationRep:
    Invest in property renovate and let out or sell when the market is right and then get a nice car but in direct answer to your question it would have to be two cars. Audi RS4 Avant AWD beast that shifts and a BMW M3 for the skids... (on the road...)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks – as much as I love cars, I don't think I could bring myself to pay the premium for a new one, when one a few years old costs 1/3 as much and won't decrease value by much more in 2 or 3 more years if I should want to change it up again.

Well, I realise that I will at some point want a flat in London, and given the real-estate microclimate in central London I figure it makes sense to get on the ladder asap. Would love to have a flat in one of those lovely Edwardian townhouses, preferably in the basement so I could install a free-weight gym.

ReputationRep:
    I will settle with the new plate Ford Ka, then the rest will to towards my BA and MA, then a mortgage on an apartment. Also buy my Dad a new car as his is beginning to rot away, slowly!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Several motorbikes and a Ford Fiesta.

ReputationRep:
    I'd buy a Nissan Skyline R34 GTR for £25,000 and spend the rest of the money boosting it further.

ReputationRep:
    Already happy with my car choice, so I'd probably finish off the upgrade path of new supercharger, new wheels and brake kit, then see what else Cosworth release. That will probably take 1/5th of the budget.

ReputationRep:
    Edit :') just realised this is in a motoring forum I am quite dim.

I'd buy a bus because why not.

ReputationRep:
    C63 AMG Definitely and would probably spend the rest on either Range Rover Sport or BMW M3

Obv not brand spankers though

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...?atmobcid=soc3

My bae <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.