The Student Room Group

Higher Physics

Hi there, I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to ask this and so if not I apologise but I'm looking for some advice on studying Higher Physics.

I've actually left school now, and after working for a while thinking of what I wanted to do with my life I'm seriously considering going on to study Physics and Maths at uni.

Problem is I'd have to get the higher physics qualification first for obvious reasons, however I'm wondering if there is a way to enrol yourself in the end of year exam (perhaps at an SQA centre?) mainly because I've previously done the majority of the course (just didn't do the exam) and would rather not do a year at college studying it along with other subjects which I'm not really interested in doing. So was going to apply (I have all the other grade requirements for every course except the physics grade) to university and hopefully get conditional offers, do the exam and go from there, same as if I went to college, just without the otehr subjects?

I've looked into this a little bit and can't seem to find anything, just to see if anyone is more knowledgable on the subject, for instance, how do people who have been home-schooled register for the exams?

Cheers
Reply 1
Im in exactly the same boat as you mate. Need higher physics to get into the uni course i want to do next year but cant find a college to enrol in as they are all full. Ive looked into studying myself at home and doin the exam next year. I emailed SQA and they said technically this is possible but in order to get the qualification you would need to be registered with and presented by an SQA approved centre, they mentioned Clydebank college, Anniesland college, Glasgow Kelvin college and Edinburgh Telford college. The thing is you need to pass the 4 nabs so would need somewhere to sit these. Im going to email these colleges tonight and see what they say so will let you know.

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending