Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Also did M&G's online interview- not well at all, I still haven't heard anything though.
    Applied to JPM AM about a week or two back and still haven't even received an invitation to online testing- anyone else in the same boat?

Does anyone know how to access Barclays Wealth's graduate program application? The Barclays Wealth website just doesn't have any sort of link from the graduate careers information page, and the generic position search yields absolutely no graduate positions. When I go through the regular Barclays Graduate application tool, I can only apply to IBD, Risk, etc.- i.e. all BarCap roles. I'm guessing the Wealth program just hasn't opened yet, but that doesn't seem likely- am I missing something? If anyone can help on this, would really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saks10111)
    Also did M&G's online interview- not well at all, I still haven't heard anything though.
    Applied to JPM AM about a week or two back and still haven't even received an invitation to online testing- anyone else in the same boat?

Does anyone know how to access Barclays Wealth's graduate program application? The Barclays Wealth website just doesn't have any sort of link from the graduate careers information page, and the generic position search yields absolutely no graduate positions. When I go through the regular Barclays Graduate application tool, I can only apply to IBD, Risk, etc.- i.e. all BarCap roles. I'm guessing the Wealth program just hasn't opened yet, but that doesn't seem likely- am I missing something? If anyone can help on this, would really appreciate it!
    I don't think Barclays wealth are recruiting any grads this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saks10111)

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/d9b1c...#axzz3G79Riztw

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/119e2...#axzz3G79Riztw

Barclays Wealth is not exactly the place to be (Barclays in general I would add, but that's more a personal opinion) and I agree with FDR: given the current situation, i don't think they will invest in junior people at all.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, does anyone have any advise regarding this M&G digital interview, I have one coming up for the investments position.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theincredible)
    Hey guys, does anyone have any advise regarding this M&G digital interview, I have one coming up for the investments position.

Thanks!
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2544563

keep in mind that apparently questions are not the same of last year.

ReputationRep:

Thanks!
    Hi I did the M&G video interview a few days ago.

It's not too complicated, 7 questions including a 'timed' written one at the end. There seems to be a few different sets of questions so it's hard to know exactly what you'll get asked.

Know all the usual stuff, why M&G, why investments and also recent news about the company/industry.

There were no questions that came up that I hadn't seen before.....Glassdoor is your friend.

ReputationRep:
    Heya thanks for the help! Apparently there is an essay at the end, is that true?

ReputationRep:
    Heya thanks for the help! Apparently there is an essay at the end, is that true?
    Yeah, it is.

ReputationRep:
    From my experience there are a few skills that are highly desirable:
    - numeracy (quick estimation, calculations)
    - proficiency with Excel (e.g. using Excel without a mouse )
    - basic accounting knowledge (e.g. analysis of financial statements)
    - foreign languages

AM has better working hours than IB (on average) and is better paid (higher bonuses from higher fees).

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.